A Duel Gone Wrong...

"Ah... I believe I understand the situation. You are resistant to the idea of apologizing, but unable to devise any other method to get the housewarden to remove the collars." Crowley said as the first years explain the situation about Riddle to Crowley.

"Yeah, pretty much." Ace responded.

"I see. If you and the housewarden are truly unable to reconcile, you could always transfer." Crowley suggested before giving a thinking look. "However, this is the dorm that the Dark Mirror chose for you based on the essence of your being. Any attempt to relocate would necessitate quite a burdensome process, as well as a new ritual."

"A transfer, huh...?" Ace was thinking before shaking his head, "That'd make me feel like I was running away with my tail between my legs."

"Hmm. Then it sounds like you should challenge Mr. Rosehearts for leadership of the dorm." Crowley said causing the others to let out a screech.

"What?!"

That caused Diona's shiny Eevee to hit Ace with her tail out of shock, Diona's shiny Eevee really didn't like Ace....

"Lower your voices! This is a library!" Crowley scolded as Diona gave him a look.

"Says the one being the loudest here..." Diona mumbled as Yuu nodded in agreement.

"But what you said was...insane!"Ace replied to Crowley, completely ignoring what the Ramshackle residents said on the sidelines.

"There is nothing remotely "insane" about it. After all, that's how Mr. Rosehearts got the position." Crowley calmly stated like it was common knowledge.

"What exactly is the process by which housewardens are selected at Night Raven College?" Deuce asked, now curious.

"Trey said that Riddle became housewarden within his first week as a student here." Grim said as he jumped into Yuu's arms.

"There are several ways. You could be appointed by the previous housewarden, for example, or duel the current warden and win. A duel is certainly one of the simpler methods." Crowley explained.

"But isn't fighting with magic against the rules?" Ace asked causing the Ramshackle group to turn to Ace.

"Says the one who nearly got all of us expelled on day one." Yuu says sarcastically as Grim sticked his tongue out at Ace.

"In general, yes. A duel initiated through a formal procedure and conducted in the presence of the headmage is another matter entirely." Crowley continued talking, ignoring the remark.

"I'm pretty sure the duel rules don't allow for preemptively handicapping your opponent... So this could be a way to force Riddle to remove your collar without apologizing. That said..." Trey talked to himself causing Diona to look towards Trey for a slight moment.

"The right to challenge a housewarden is bestowed upon all students when enrolling at Night Raven. So what do you say, Mr. Trappola? Will you challenge Mr. Rosehearts?" Crowley asked towards the Heartslaybul first year.

"Sure, I'll give it a shot." Ace said causing Deuce to jump in as well, "Then I will to."

"Me Three!" Grim said standing on Yuu's shoulder by putting his paws on Yuu's head for support.

"I'm afraid not, Mr. Grim. You cannot challenge a housewarden of a dorm to which you do not belong." Crowley told the fire cat.

"Myah?! Then how'm I supposed to get this buzzkill collar off?!" Grim complained as he tugged at the collar.

"If I become housewarden, I'll just order Riddle to remove it! Easy-peasy!" Ace boasted as Grim pouted, "How will everyone know how tough I am if you do that?"