File 02: Mega Evolution Battle

Several years later

Several years later...

Y/N's POV 

As I stand in the Laverre City Gym, I talk to the receptionist and she asked how many Kalos gym badges I have gotten. I told her that I currently have five gym badges. 

"I see, come with me." She instructed me and I did what she said.

I follow her deeper into the gym, there were many displays of fashion outfits and sketches of designs of various dresses and kimonos. She must be a fashion designer as well.

"Hey, is the gym leader a fashion designer?" I curiously asked her and she nodded.

"Correct, as you can see, she's always busy with designing new dresses for her adoring fans. People also say that she can talk to Pokemon." She explained to me which made me raise an eyebrow.

"Is that so?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Who knows? It's just a rumor." She replied to me. 

After our small talk, we reached the stadium which is nearly pitch black because the lights are turned off. The lady tells me to stand on the battlefield until the Gym Leader arrives and I nodded. 

So I waited in the same spot for at least five more minutes until suddenly the lights switched on which lit up the whole battlefield. The whole arena was full of classic bridges along with a garden area. 

Next, an elegant woman emerges from the entrance of the battlefield, she was wearing a giant pink outfit that covered her entire arms which makes her look like a fairy.  

"Welcome to the Laverre City Gym! I am Valerie the Gym Leader and I specialize in Fairy-type Pokemon

"Welcome to the Laverre City Gym! I am Valerie the Gym Leader and I specialize in Fairy-type Pokemon." She introduces herself and the girls on the peer cheered for her. 

"Hm. In that case, my name is Suzuki Y/N and I come from the Sinnoh region!" I introduced myself to her.

"What an interesting name, say, your name sounds familiar to someone I know." She mentioned to me and I chuckled. I think it's best to keep it a secret for now. 

Next, the referee comes up to the middle of the battlefield and explained the official gym rules to us. We will both use three Pokemon and substitutions aren't allowed except for myself since I'm the challenger. Fine with me.