File 04: Shattering the Ice

Author's POV

Author's POV

After defeating Suzy at the fan meet in Anistar City, Y/N went to the Anistar City Gym where he challenged the Psychic-Type specialists and Gym Leader Olympia. The battle was fought hard from both sides but in the end, Y/N turned out to be victorious thus he had earned the psychic badge. With one badge left to go, he goes to Snowbelle City where the final gym challenge awaits him... 

-----------------------------------

Y/N's POV

As I travel through the snowy route once again, I was thinking about my strategy to beat the gym leader there. From what I heard, he specializes in ice-type Pokemon. If I know everything about Pokemon types, ice-type Pokemon are weak against fire, rock, fighting, and steel-type attacks. 

Right now, I have Magneton, Charizard, Talonflame, and Houndoom that will give me the upper advantage but I still need to keep my guard up and observe carefully because I have no idea what his battle style is like. 

After ten minutes of walking, I came across a giant building with an official gym logo on top, looks like I'd arrived. Sweet. I walked inside the gym where I get greeted by a gym official. 

"Hello, are you here to challenge the Snowbelle Gym?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yep, correct," I answered him.

"Got it, how many gym badges do you have?" He asked me.

"I have about seven and this is the last one," I answered him.

"Very well, please enter inside. The gym leader will be waiting for you." He instructed me before opening the door. 

I entered inside the gym where the stadium lights turns on, lighting up the entire battlefield that is completely made out of ice. Not that different from any other ice battlefields that I've ever partaken in. 

Next, the spotlight turns onto the other side of the battlefield, and a man with a beard with a winter coat wrapped around his neck like a scarf comes inside. 

"Greetings, you must be my challenger for today! What's your name?" He asked me.

"My name is Suzuki Y/N and I come from the Sinnoh Region," I answered him. 

"Ah, so you're the Y/N that my good friend Cynthia had been talking about. I've been expecting you to come here someday." He replied to me.

After our small talk, the referee comes onto the middle of the battlefield as per protocol, he goes on the explain the official gym rules which I've already heard like a hundred times by now.

"Alright, may you two please bring out your Pokemon!" The referee tells us. 

Wulfric sends out Bergmite which is an ice-type Pokemon, this is his first Pokemon for this battle and I sent out Magneton which helps give me an edge since it's a steel-type. Wulfric gives me the first move in this battle, so Magneton uses electric terrain which turns the battlefield into an electric arena which boosts up electric-type moves.