File 06: Battle Royale

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

After eating lunch with my mother and Professor Rowan and gathering all of my Pokemon at the laboratory, I make my way toward the Sinnoh League Stadium where the entire tournament is taking place.

It took me about ten minutes to get there since Professor Rowan was kind enough to drive me there, after I got off and thanked Professor Rowan for the ride, I enter the stadium where there was a long line of trainers waiting to register to become a candidate.

Sighing deeply, I stood in the shortest line which really didn't make a difference in how long the wait is. Finally, it was my turn and I can already see that many of the trainers here didn't even make it through the qualifications mostly because they didn't have the number of gym badges or Pokemon required. Yikes, shows they don't joke around.

Anyway, the qualifications part was a breeze for me since I have 20 gym badges from many regions and have the right number of Pokemon in my team.

"Alright, Suzuki Y/N, you're all set! You're candidate #25, I wish you the best of luck out there and the battle royale will take place tomorrow!" The receptionist explained to me and I thanked him before taking my card that contains my candidate number.

He also gave me a keycard for a hotel that had already been paid for which is nice that I don't need to go back home.

Walking to my hotel room, I used the keycard to open the hotel room and it was fancy and neat. The whole room had Pokemon battle paintings on the walls and even had a Pikachu lamp.

I set my Pokeballs and my belt down on the nightstand and open the balcony door to take in the view of the whole stadium. I was probably at least 30 levels up from the floor.

While looking at the sky above, I happened to notice a giant bird hovering above the stadium a few hundred feet away from me. When I took a closer look at it, I was shocked to see it was the legendary fire-bird Pokemon... MOLTRES!!!

It flapped its wings emitting small flares of fire and I didn't know that it was staring directly at me. However, a few seconds later, it flew off. I grabbed my Pokeballs and swiftly leave the hotel room while bumping into a few workers and other trainers.

When I got outside, it was flying right above me so I sent out Charizard and I hopped on its back.

"Charizard, get after Moltres!" I tell it and it nodded before it takes to the air to chase after the legendary bird.

Moltres was fast but it wasn't able to outrun Charizard so we chased after it until it stopped at a waterfall in the forest. Charizard lands on the grass and I got off his back. Moltres let out a screeching roar that echoed throughout the entire forest. and the fire on his body spread.

Next, Moltres launches a powerful flamethrower at us but Charizard met it with also flamethrower but neither overpowered causing a big explosion.

"It's powerful, alright but we won't let it stop us! Charizard, use dragon claw!" I said and Charizard summons dragon claws on his hands before charging toward Moltres.