File 15: The Last Idol Challenger

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Preparing myself for my last Idol Challenger in the tournament, I was preparing my team for this battle and making sure to choose the right ones as I cannot lose this one since I've made it so far. 

"Alright, you're all set!" Professor Rowan had informed me.

"Thanks a lot, Professor Rowan! Wish me luck out there!" I replied to him and he nodded.

I hang up the call. The stadium staff came to inform me that they were calling me up to the stadium for the upcoming battle. Escorted by the staff, I make it to the battlefield right on schedule.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the final Idol Challenge round! If our competitor Suzuki Y.N manages to be victorious in this battle he'll be granted the opportunity to battle the Nation's Little Sister IU!" The MC announced to the crowd and they cheered. 

Being nervous about who's my final challenger for this battle, I was surprised to see a familiar feminine figure walking on the battlefield... When I get a closer glimpse I realized it was my good friend Gaeul!!!

"For the final Idol Challenger... We have the Leader of IVE and one of the new rookies of Kpop... Kim Gaeul!!!" The MC revealed and the crowd cheered.

Crap... I should've known that Gaeul would've been my opponent in this tournament sometime. Looks like that moment is now. This will be a difficult one as Gaeul knows me well and she knows my strategies from watching me battle. 

"Hello, Y/N, glad that I get to be the final Idol Challenger for you!" Gaeul greeted me while smiling and I sighed.

"Haha, I shouldn't be surprised! I look forward to battling against you, Gaeul!" I replied to her.

The referee comes to the battlefield before explaining the tournament rules once more... It will be a 6-6 battle and substitutions are only allowed if either of our Pokemon had been defeated. For this team that I've set up I have... Charizard, Pidgeot, Venusaur, Houndoom, Moltres, and Decidueye. 

Deciding which Pokemon to use first, I chose Pidgeot and Gaeul chose Swellow which is a normal and flying-type. With two aces of the skies facing one another, it ignited burning emotions of fury and energy of who's the fastest and the strongest. 

"Now, battle begin!" The referee had commenced. 

Gaeul gave me the first move. Pidgeot flies in using wing attack and Swellow charges in using wing attack as well. With the two of them clashing with wing attack both were completely matched up with no signs of one side dominating the other.

After that, Swellow uses air slash and Pidgeot uses air cutter but neither attack had overpowered. Swellow flies in using brave bird and Pidgeot charges in using brave bird as well. When the two had collided with one another at a quick speed of over hundreds of miles per hour. A huge explosion occurred and both Swellow and Pidgeot were knocked backward but both managed to recover.