Raymond's Rescue

Raymond tried to move but it was like being in the kind of dream where you were stuck and couldn't do anything. Suddenly the ship jolted, he fell over and slid into the cupboard. Morvo and Doric exchanged looks as if to say "well that was easy".  A more pressing worry was why did the ship jolt? Doric looked out the back window and could see that the ship was manoeuvring through the asteroids. He ran to the front to look for the other ship that had been chasing them. Morvo came to stand beside him. 

"it the other ship still there?

Dunno can't see them.

"Does this ship have a TV?" said Morvo

"What's a TV" said Doric

"Telescopic Vision, lets you see beyond these space boulders to the empty space". The we can see if those guys are still out there.

"Oh, not sure. Let's see if there is one". 

Doric went to the computer to search for the TV. He typed it in and yes the ship did have a TV. A 65 inch one in fact. He tapped the bright green button that said ENGAGE. Immediately a huge screen started to rise from out of the side wall of the ship. On the TV screen Doric could see a slide to magnify the image. He focused on a smaller asteroid at the edge of the field then looked at the other objects around it. Nothing.  The TV also had a strip across the top with little pictures of objects like asteroids and ships. He tapped the ship picture.  Up popped another smaller screen that said "searching please wait a moment". After what seemed like an eternity but was actually in reality like two minutes, (yeah I hate waiting too!) the search found four ships all of different sizes and classes, (domestic and official). 

"Uncle Morvo" said Doric. "Which of these would you say was the ship that was after us"?

Morvo came over to the screen. 

"Can't be sure. Its unlikely to be Official, but then those guys like to hide in plain sight, so could be. Tap that one as its the smallest and has the least features, so not very fancy like the other government ships I've seen". 

Doric tapped the smaller less "fancy" ship.  Once he tapped it the screen came up with the schematics of the craft and showed the heat signatures for two life forms.  He checked the other ships. Morvo and Dorci decided it was not likely to be any of the other ships as they were moving whereas the smaller one was stationery. 

"We have to get rid of them before we can leave the asteroid field. Any suggestions Morvo"? 

"Let me think, while I am, you should maybe check on Raymond in the cupboard"

Doric nodded.  He walked over to the cupboard and slid open a board in the wall to reveal a window. Inside he could see Raymond floating and with his eyes closed.  

"How long has he been in there? said Doric.

"What does the timer say"?

"Says 20 Specials"

"Yea that's long enough. Better get him out"