Chapter 4 Welcome aboard.

When they had moved safely away and out of the planets atmosphere Doric stopped the ship.

"I have to check in." said Doric. "I'll go into the engine room. Put this communicator into your other ear. If anything happens, just speak and it'll alert me."

"Ok." Raymond put the communicator into his ear and sat down to read his comic. It fell out. He put it back in but he had to fiddle with it to get it to sit comfortably and he could now hear what Doric was saying.

"How's the mission going?" his father asked.

"Ahh good. I had some trouble at the cemetery though. A robot was on patrol. You said it had been abandoned?"

"Well I thought it had." said his father

"Remember the news report about the treasure hunters taking the tokens from the graves?" said his mother. "They have been replaced with stones. In fact it showed a video of someone. You can't quite see who it is because of the fog." It's ok for you to be there. It's one of the sites the authorities recommend to visit to get your full licence.

"Did you get the photo?" his father asked.

"Yeah I did." said Doric. "What about the robot. I was nearly vaporised!"

"You're ok though, and the ship?"

"Yes I'm fine and no damage to the ship."

"Well no harm done then." Carry on. You can check in with us when you complete the next task. Bye for now."

The screen went black .Doric walked back to where Raymond was sitting.

"Everything ok? Asked Raymond, knowing what he'd just heard.

"Yeah sure. No problem." replied Doric. "We'd better keep moving."

Doric entered the coordinates for the next location into the computer. He sat down beside Raymond and activated the auto pilot.

"You hungry?" he asked Raymond.

"Yeah, but what have you got that I can eat."

"Well, my dad just had this machine installed that automatically dispenses any food you want from the entire galaxy, including earth. What would you like?"

"How about a cheeseburger and fries?" asked Raymond.

"I'll give it a go." said Doric.

He spoke into a microphone and there as if by magic appeared a plate with a cheeseburger and fries on it.

"Wow, this looks good." said Doric. "Think I'll have the same."

Doric asked the machine for some sauce. Raymond decided he would like some too. But the sauce was not red it was green. Doric spread it all over his fries.

"Want some?"

"Ahh don't think so. It smells disgusting. My sauce is red not green.

"Suit yourself."

They ate their food and talked about their home planets, comparing different things.

Later they decided it would be a good idea to get some rest.

About an hour had passed when the ship slowed down and stopped. The beeping woke Raymond. He looked around to see Doric still asleep.

"Doric, wake up. I think we are there."

Doric stretched his arms out and yawned.

"Good nap. I needed that." he said. "Ok this time you have to just step onto the surface of Cazilara and collect the soil. Shouldn't be difficult."