Chapter 5 On the Rocks

Ten minutes later the ship slowed down. Raymond opened his eyes. He looked round at Doric and Tolly. They were also sitting straight up in their seats with their eyes closed. They too were obviously scared. Seeing this made him feel better.

"Hey it looks like it worked" Raymond said. "Clear skies ahead".

Doric and Tolly turned to look at Raymond then looked out of the front window.

"What a ride ah". said Raymond

"Yeah but I wouldn't want to do it again". said Doric.

"Better check your equipment. My grandmother always said she had to readjust everything." said Tolly.

Doric got up from his seat and walked over to the main monitor.

"Is the stall still on?" asked Raymond.

"It's intact I think, I hope!

"I don't think it is on. Look."

Raymond and Doric ran over to Tolly who was looking out of one of the side windows. Outside there were two ships approaching their location. They were white with blue and purple lights on top. The lights were flashing.

"Are they police or something?" asked Raymond.

"You'll have to redo the stall." said Tolly. "I think these guys are after me."

"How would they know that you're on board?" asked Doric.

Tolly pulled up her sleeve. She showed them a pink bracelet that was flashing with the same lights that were on top of the police ships outside.

Doric shot a look at Raymond.

"I told you we should never have let her aboard!" he said angrily.

"Well how was I to know she had the police after her?"

"Sorry guys I should have told you about this earlier but if I had you would never have taken me with you and I would be dead now because of the winter storm down on the planet". said Tolly.

"Why are they after you?" asked Doric

"I told you I am investigating the murder of my grandmother, Julico." Tolly replied. But I was caught doing some research at a government facility and they locked me up for it. I would have been underground on that planet until the winter was over. I needed to escape or they would have murdered me to keep it all quiet."

"What evidence have you got that Julico was murdered?" asked Doric.

"I don't think we have the time to ask questions now. said Raymond. The police are here! Can you redo the stall?"

"I can't, we'd have to go back to the original position where I did it. But we could run and then cloak the ship. They will not be able to detect us." said Doric

"Where can we hide out here?" asked Raymond.

"I don't know yet, I'll have to find somewhere." First we need to get outta here. Raymond, take the controls!"

Tolly and Raymond took the front seats while Doric went over to the monitor to search for a place to hide. The police were now alongside them. Raymond pushed on the steering wheel to get them moving. The police ships had to turn to chase after them so this gave them a bit of a head start.

Raymond thought that they would need to get the bracelet off Tolly if they were ever going to have a chance of out running these other ships. He remembered his multi tooled knife in his pocket. There was bound to be something on it to get it off her wrist and stop the flashing lights.