6

"Nancy! Candy!"

I hear Jonathan shouting for us.

"Jonathan! Jonathan!" Nancy yells.

"Jonathan, we're right here!" I shout.

I look around trying to find the tree that we crawled through. It's hard to see anything without a flashlight.

"Nancy! Candy! Come on!" Jonathan shouts.

"Jonathan, where are you?" Nancy shouts.

"Jonathan!" I scream as loud as I can.

"Jonathan, we're right... we're right here!" Nancy yells.

"Where are you?" I shout. "Jonathan!"

"I'm right here!" Jonathan shouts. "I'm right here! Nancy! Just follow my voice!"

"Jonathan!" Nancy shouts.

Nancy and I try to navigate our way through the trees. Trying to reach Jonathan's voice.

"Follow my voice I'm right here!" Jonathan shouts.

I hear a growl. When I turn the monster is right there. I scream as I grab Nancy's hand and drag her along with me.

"Nancy! Candy!" Jonathan shouts.

Nancy and I stop behind a tree. I can hear the monster getting closer to us.

"Candy! Nancy! Follow my voice!" Jonathan shouts.

I turn to my right. I hear Jonathan's voice clearer now. Closer. I can see the tree Nancy and I crawled out of.

The monster growls again. I look at Nancy and nod. It's now or never. We both rush towards the tree. Nancy crawls through first. I know the monster can see us. As I get to the end of the tunnel, I reach my hand out. I can feel Jonathan and Nancy pull on it. I land on the ground next to the two of them happy to be alive.

When I get home, I see Steve sitting on my doorstep.

"Sugar," Steve says.

I brush past him, putting my key in the front door and opening it.

"What are you covered in?" Steve asks.

I turn to Steve, but I can't find the words. I can't find any words at all. I feel the tears in my eyes.

Steve's face drops. "What happened?" I shake my head trying to hold back tears. "Sugar, you need to tell me what happened."

"I..." I take a deep breath. "I need to shower."

"You need to tell me what happened," Steve insists.

"Please, Steve, just let me shower first," I tell him. Steve looks unsure. "Please."

Steve nods. "Alright."

After a long shower with quite a bit of crying I step back into my room wrapped in a towel. Steve is sitting on my bed.

"Are you alright now?" Steve asks.

I nod slightly. I walk towards my dresser to pull out pajamas to put on. Steve doesn't say anything, he simply turns around. I change into an oversized tshirt and a pair of shorts. I sit down on the edge of the bed next to Steve.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened?" Steve asks.

"Why were you waiting for me?" I ask, changing the subject.

Steve looks at me knowing he isn't going to get an answer from me. He sighs. "I saw Nancy with Jonathan in her room."

I nod my head. I'm not surprised. Nancy offered to let me come to her house, but I said no. I just wanted to come home and be in my own bed. Though I'm kind of regretting it now.