Chapter 13 - Against The Dark

"You're going to WHAT!?"

The entire class was screaming at the top of their lungs. Or out cold. After hearing the plan to attack the abyss, they all kinda... stopped working. And then they all broke.

"Yeah... I'm on a team that's gonna attack the abyss at what we believe is the source of it. Pretty crazy, huh?"

"THAT'S A LOT MORE THAN JUST CRAZY!!!"

"Heh... well, we've got two weeks to prepare, and hero course classes have been halted until that time. After all, both Mr. Aizawa and Vlad King are on the team, along with many others."

"Motherfucker, I just get transfered into the hero course, and now classes are put on pause. Just my luck."

Away from the group, leaning on the wall of the newly-constructed dorm, was class-1A's newest member: Hitoshi Shinsou. Mineta got expelled because... well, is it that hard to figure out? And Shinsou took his place after he stuck around to save people in the ruined arena. Good guy, glad he got his wish.

"Yeah, but this seems pretty important, man. The abyss has killed a lot of people, taking it out seems like a top-priority thing."

"Shitty hair's got a point. It's the biggest threat to humanity right now, if not ever. That dumbass Deku's taken out something that fought on par with All Might himself, and he got shredded just as easily as all the other poor shmucks did. This is dangerous, which is why I'm gonna join the team."

Wait wait wait WHAT!? JOIN THE TEAM!? CAN HE DO THAT!? WHY DOES HE EVEN WANT TO DO THAT!?!?

"Are you serious!? Do you have a functioning brain!?"

"That's rich coming from you, dunce face!"

I don't wanna be a part of even more chaos. I need to talk to Nezu about this, he'd know what to do. Hopefully.

I turned around and left the dorms. A few of my classmates followed behind me, and it's easy to tell what for. I can hear screaming, an anguished voice trying to stop the screaming, and near-silent footsteps. So it's kaachan, Kirishima, and probably Shinsou. That's gonna be a hassle...

"So Midoriya, do you have any more armor sets?"

"Huh? Wait, doesn't your quirk already act as armor?"

"No such thing as too much protection, especially with what we're up against! So, I might as well have some armor as well, don't ya think?"

He's got a point. He's a very defensive fighter, and being tanky enough to take hits from and Abyss Watcher is a huge asset. The only problem...

"Uh... I actually don't have any more armor sets..."

"Aww... well, I guess I can just ask the support team to make me some!"

"Wait, then why'd you ask me?"

"Convenience, duh!"

...Shitty hair.

Two weeks later

An armored military caravan. That's what the villains are being transported in. Guess I can't blame them for being cautious, with how many top-ranking villains are here. I guess that's why they had me come with them on the ride. Guess they figure I'm the only one who could keep them in check without aggravating them with my presence.

The truck I'm in pulled up in front of Tartarus Prison, and I could see at least 10 more vehicles outside of the building. Hell, there was even a tank.

A few soldiers broke off from the rest and walked towards me.

"You must be Izuku Midoriya. As you know, several highly dangerous and volatile villains are going to be transported out of the prison and to the mouth of the abyss. We trust you to keep them in line until they reach their destination. Can you do that?"