Chapter 16 - Abyssbreaker

"Why hello there, my friend. You must be the one who got my letter."

Letter? What letter... wait. When I first became undead, when I got my armor and estus flask...

He's the one who wrote it.

"You... the note with the armor. That was you."

"Yes, my friend, it was. Now..."

He looked around, at the destroyed city surrounding the flame.

"It seems you have quite the problem on your hands. The Abyss is not an easy thing to defeat."

"Definitely not. That dragon destroyed an entire city, and I have a feeling it won't be the last thing it throws at us, or the strongest. We need all the help we can get."

He stared at the corpse of the Abyss Dragon, seemingly recognizing it.

"Is that so? Well then."

He unsheathed his sword, and held it in front of him, tip facing the sky.

"I, Solaire of Astora, will assist you in your fight against the Abyss, however you need me to. This world will not fall to it, as so much of mine did."

The sound of an engine approaching caught our attention, and we looked back to see an military vehicle driving down towards us. It stopped, and the doors opened. Out of it, came All Might and Principal Nezu.

"Children, are you alright? The dragon-"

"We're fine. But we need to be transported to the Abyss right now, Kirishima's out there and most likely fighting for his life."

The two of them stared us both down, before motioning us to get in. Solaire stood outside for a bit longer.

"What is this?"

The sunlight knight stared in wonder... at the car.

Well, his world does seem to be pretty much medieval.

"It's an armored car. Think a carriage, but it can drive itself."

"Wow, your technology truly is a wonder, isn't it..."

He climbed in, and we drove away.

"So my friend, may I ask more about your problem with the abyss? I can tell it's bad, considering the Darkeater Midir was dead on those ruins, but the more knowledge, the better

"So my friend, may I ask more about your problem with the abyss? I can tell it's bad, considering the Darkeater Midir was dead on those ruins, but the more knowledge, the better."

Darkeater Midir?

"Uh... who?"

"The dragon. A descendant of the ancient Archdragons, tasked by the gods to devour the abyss as it spread. Slowly he became corrupted, and was enslaved by it."

"Oh... well, yeah, it's pretty bad, to put it lightly. It appeared shortly after I became an undead, when a Darkwraith attacked me and killed me a few times. More and more of them attacked, but I only found out about the Abyss when an Abyss Watcher attacked my class."