ocean blue eyes

Stellas POV:

"Are we there yet?" I groan impatiently as I fidget in my seat.

"No, the gps says we have1 hour and 46 more minutes until we get to the Cameron's." dad says. "Im exhausted and my butt hurts from sitting in this seat for 8hrs." I complain. 

"I understand but we will be there soon, maybe take a nap by the time your wake up we most likely will be there." dad offers.  

"okay thats not a bad idea..thanks!" I reach over and grab my blanket from the trunk, I get comfortable and slowly drift to sleep.

***

I wake up to my dad stomping on the brakes as a rusted beat up Volkswagen van speeds past us. 

Dad honks the car horn and mutters "damn pouges." 

My dad grew up on figure eight, the upper-class side of the island where they have the nicest houses, boats and most prominent families also known as the kooks.

The pouges lived on the other side of the island instead of having two houses they have two jobs. 

"Why did you move away? It's gorgeous here.." I say as I look out the window at the water. 

"Well I went to Columbia University in New York and I met your mom-" Dad says awkwardly realizing her shouldn't have brought her up. 

My mom passed away last fall. I'm still heartbroken and I remember holding her hand in the hospital as I felt the life drain away from her. 

Dad hates talking about what happened..  I smile softly at him trying to lighten the mood "you know we are going to talk about what happened at some point.." I say gently. 

 As we pull into a large driveway my jaw drops at the house or should I say mansion.. this is nothing like our penthouse in the city but I am so excited to stay here for the summer.

***

Ward and two teenagers step out of the house.

 "Andrew!!" Ward says "Its been too long!!". 

"Hey man, it's great to see you in person finally!" My dad hugs his friend, then goes over to the girl and says "Hey Sarah! Good to see you again!" She hugs him and says "nice to see you too! Is this Stella?" 

"Yep! Nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you!" Sarah had dirty blonde hair and was very pretty. She had dark brown eyes and sun kissed skin. 

"Stella you've grown so much last time I saw you were a little toddler! It's great to see you again." Ward says.

 "Nice to finally meet you again!" I say. 

Then I lock eye contact with the boy standing next Sarah. 

I felt completely trapped and lost as if I could stare into his ocean blue eyes forever. Sarah elbows him and we break eye contact. 

Ward looks at me and says "This is my son Rafe, I don't know if you remember him that much from last time.." 

"Nice to meet you" I tell him. "nice to meet you too!" he says.