bittersweet

graduation had come.

you were sad to leave all your underclassmen, but you knew they'd be okay.

it's not like you were very stable to begin with.

you had remembered to ask everyone for their phone number to keep in touch, since you were going away for university, yet you forgot to tell kuroo.

you were planning on studying psychology, but in america. that's about halfway across the globe.

yet here you are, standing with all your 3rd year peers, congratulating everyone on graduating. you couldn't wait to see kuroo and give him the biggest hug.

you looked for your mom and saw that she was with bokuto. you walked up to them and hugged them at the same time. they were two of the most important people in your life.

"congrats, honey," your mom had tears in her eyes.

"Y/N! WE ACTUALLY GRADUATED!" bokuto almost tackled you.

"I KNOW! I CANT BELIEVE IT!" you hugged him.

"OH WAIT! I HAVE TO LOOK FOR AKAASHI!" bokuto ran off somewhere.

"have you told kuroo yet?" your mom asked.

"i'm still indecisive about it, so i didn't tell him."

"well call him, you don't have to tell him, but we should celebrate your graduation." your mom smiled.

"yeah i'll text him the address."

---

your mom took you, bokuto, and akaashi to a nice sushi restaurant. you texted kuroo the address and he said he'd bring kenma along to celebrate.

while in the car, you contemplated whether you should tell bokuto and akaashi before telling kuroo. and you just went for it.

"guys... i'm moving to america." you blurted out.

"HUH?!?!" bokuto shouted.

akaashi didn't say anything but his face showed it all.

"i've been planning to study psychology. and i actually got accepted in one of the universities there. so i'm moving. but please for the love of god don't tell kuroo." you said.

"y/n... WHAT??" bokuto yelled.

"why did you choose a university over there?" akaashi asked, he was just as shocked as bokuto.

"i applied at the beginning of the school year, but i never thought i'd get accepted, and that's my best option so far."

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME Y/N!" bokuto was still yelling.

"bokuto calm down." akaashi calmly told bo.

"we're here, hun. i'll go inside to check the reservation, you three can keep talking in the car if you'd like." your mom smiled.

"okay mom, thanks." you weakly smiled back.

"MAMA Y/N! YOU KNEW?!" bo yelled before your mom could leave.

"y-yes, i knew, but i didn't force her to do anything she didn't want to do." your mom stuttered.

"WHY WOULD YOU LET HER???" bo kept yelling.

"bokuto. calm. down." akaashi nudged bokuto.

"i'll be going now." your mom basically ran to avoid the situation.

"y/n..." bokuto's eyes started forming tears.

"bo... i still have a few months or so left here..." you tried to comfort him.