Chapter 9

Since that, he was now an ordinary player and now finally one level 22. It was a lot harder to upgrade his level. He also discovered that upgrading weapons was twice harder as upgrading strength and ability.

George was on the streets carefully glaring around the area not letting his guard down for a single second. He kept his eyes in front of him while his steps were quiet and his breathing pattern was slow and careful. He also made sure to listen to the surroundings.

Woosh! He heard something behind him and he immediately took out his knife glancing around the area. He was ready to use his super speed ability in case something went wrong while staring at the area seeing where he could escape.

George placed his two fingers on the handle of his black knife and immediately threw it elegantly behind him. "Ah!" A girl's voice screamed. George's heart thumped when he recognized that voice and immediately looked behind him. He saw the girl from door number 1 against the wall trapped with his knife stabbing her jacket.

He remained calm and so did the girl. He ran to the girl and pressed his hands against her throat carefully not choking her before pulling out the knife and pressing it against her throat. "What do you want?" He said coldly to the teenage girl Kassie which was her code name.

It wasn't smart to use her codename back in the game. The codename was important since that was the name that gets announced in public. This girl didn't seem to fear that. Unless she was stupid.

Kassie was about the age of 13 and she looked small about 5 feet for George. However, for her age she was average. "I didn't follow you," Kassie said, "I just saw you and wanted to say hi," she said casually.

George stared into her eyes checking for signs of lying and pressed his hands on her neck checking her heartbeat. It was a normal heartbeat of a teenager. The brunette sighed and let go of the teenager. "I know for a fact that you didn't come here just to say hi," George said coldly.

Kassie stared at George and grinned, "Haha, you're right! But you have an accent. By the way are you British? I'm a fan!" This girl seemed silly and George felt like he had met another person right now.

Kassie seemed to be forgetting that they were in a game that is life and death. Players kill players to improve for them to live. They play games to live even if it was a matter of life or death. "Yes, so what's your name?" George asked Kassie who pouted crossing her arms.

"Sorry big bro. But my older brother told me not to tell my real name to others" Kassie frowned. George raised an eyebrow glaring around and saw Kassie panic waving her hands, "Don't worry! Ever since the Eliminate situation happened. We weren't able to see each other for five months" she smiled.

George calmly stared at Kassie, "You do know that the world has changed right? Your code name will be the one published in public and to other players" he stated pointing his fingers at Kassie's forehead while she blinked scratching her head.

George sighed placing his knife back in his pocket. "I'm leaving," he said turning his body to the back as he started walking back to where he was going.

Kassie gasped, "Woah! Mister George, don't leave me! I swear I'm helpful!" she yelled panicking, and ran beside George. George only rolled his eyes ignoring the foolish girl pressing his hands on his pocket as he kept walking in a straight direction.

Kassie huffed pressing her hands on her chest and staring at the brunette. She suddenly snapped her fingers, "Hey, I can make potions!" She exclaimed as a thought immediately went to George's mind. He quickly shook his head cursing at himself as he turned to look at Kassie.

If she could make potions she can be a great teammate. Even if she doesn't have a great physical appearance she could still help by making potions for healing, speed, hopping, and poison. But, she was still a child. George couldn't also kill her and take her ability. He looked at her bright green eyes and sighed, "Fine" he mumbled.