Chapter 70

"Damn it!" He kept running with Piyol flying above him in a fast pace using his super speed through the forest. He was currently being chased by a Griffen. It was a hybrid of an eagle and a lion. George realized that the game also added ancient mythology creatures. The Griffen was part of Egyptian and Persian mythology.

Early, George had entered a huge cave in the forest of disasters. The cave was filled with gold and jewels. He wasn't planning on getting those golds however the moment he stepped inside. Red eyes stared into his soul. Now he had a very fast Griffen that was following him. This Griffen never brought down its guard and it kept dodging trees and branches.

While George had many splinters and cuts on his body from running. He was also running out of stamina so it was getting harder to keep up. "Is it gone?" Piyol knew who George was referring to and shook his head while escaping the Griffen in front of George as he served as guide through the Forest of disasters.

The Griffen easily dodged the ice flakes that George sent out behind him and kept dodging from left and right swiftly. The leaves and trees were swaying violently against the wind that was created by the huge two and a half meter long Griffen who didn't show any sign of hesitation of attacking George.

Unfortunately, George couldn't attack any further because he would be busy killing the strong Griffen other than escaping and live. He couldn't break his promise by coming back only as a soul to Kassie and Dream who were defeating the main door games in the monuments.

There was no way to fight against this monster. The Griffen was smart in making decisions and wasn't like any ordinary monster that attacked mindlessly. It was quick and was able to surpass George sometime. With its fast flying abilities. It was also hard to keep up with this thing especially with him losing stamina.

It could have been find if it was slow but big that could fly like the Serpent Dragon. However this was small and fast that was difficult to aim at quickly. It could fly also and George could only jump up high. That was why he had a huge disadvantage against the creature.

A three way path was seen at the end and George found the opportunity to escape. He quickly created a temporary shield behind him and hid at the bushes. Then he used the losing his presence ability. "Roar!" The Griffen banged its hard head against the shield that turned into particles when the Griffen had destroyed it.

The Griffen looked left and right then in front and saw that George could not be seen anywhere. The Griffen let out a screech when it didn't know which direction came so it just went to the right in a fast pace. George waited for a few minutes before getting out of the bush. He looked at his outfit and saw that he was slightly covered in leaves so he quickly removed that.

Piyol landed back at his shoulder while George stared at the left direction. It was the opposite direction where the Griffen had went. He made the decision not to ever enter a cave without supervising it throughly. George felt like he wanted to slap eleven year old him for loving mythology creatures. He now officially hated them.

George looked behind him and saw Piyol staring at his face. The monster seemed to be observing him if he was okay or not and it w to be worried also. He stroked Piyol's fur and smiled, "I'm fine" he said then letting go of the monster.

Eek!

George continued to silently walk through the forest of disasters. Five hours ever since he had entered the inner part of the forest and he spent the past four hours running away from the Griffen. He already felt tired and he still had a long way to go. Resting also wasn't an option since this was no place to even blink one time.

Besides, ever since Earth turned into a game he was able to still he awake with full energy for at least four days. He also had just slept yesterday so falling asleep wasn't a problem at all. Stamina was just the problem. To the left as he kept walking. George could see that they were getting close to the mountain.