Chapter 14

【 San Diego, 8:10 pm 】

It is now night time and no one still was tired since they had just gotten a good rest. George was on the second floor tapping his pen on the table staring at the map he just had created mindlessly. The map was the area around him with multiple buildings he had seen including the alleyway he used to run off.

It was better to memorize the area before fighting the man with the ice shard ability so he could escape if needed. He grabbed the map and shoved it in his back while he slung it over his shoulder and quickly went down the stairs.

He saw Wilbur who was on the couch reading some documents stare at him. "Where are you going?" He asked out of curiosity and George stopped walking remaining calm then stared at Wilbur.

He spoke in a stern voice, "Outside. I need to explore the area for a bit" he said, "Besides. The ice shard man targets me. If I stay here for too long you all would get in trouble. Also... Protect Kassie until I get back" He said and exited the building slamming the door behind him.

There was a reason why he wanted Kassie to be protected. Number one, this girl seemed smart and she had a good ability. Two, he hates seeing kids in danger. Lastly, this girl reminded him of his sister who died out of cancer at the age of 14.

His sister was his parents' favorite. When she died it was one of the top main reasons his parents didn't speak to him and focused on their jobs that still now George had no idea off. To top it off, he didn't want Kassie's brother if he was still alive to get lonely.

George held his black jacket and pulled the zipper all the way to his chin and put on his mask covering his nose. He quickly got off the alleyway where the gym was located and acted like he just came from the left instead of the right. He already felt that someone was watching him.

"Damn Tommy's ability. I want it" he mumbled even though he knew he wouldn't be able to fight the child because of his ability. His reason was too childish.

George then suddenly remembered that Tommy could be hearing what he just said with the use of his sensitive hearing ability.

He suddenly feared that the teenage boy heard him other than the fact that he was probably getting followed as he was walking.

George suddenly sped up never letting his guard down for even a second. He kept his pace slowly speeding up as time passes. He was now a few meters away from the gym and he turned to the corner and crossed the street.

He looked up and saw that the buildings had a flat space on top and they were about the same level. He quickly entered a random building and saw that there were stairs to the balcony so he entered the stairs and silently climbed there.

He noticed that the guy who was following him was no longer heard but he didn't care and continued. Once he got to the ceiling he immediately jumped building after building.

Whoosh!

He moved his head to the side avoiding the attack and looked behind him while fixing his mask and saw Oliver who was following him silently. "Knew it" he mumbled and pressed his hands on the balcony using it as boost to jump to the other.

At least three now went flying towards him and George rolled to the ground getting up quickly and avoiding the attack. He pulled out his flashlight and pressed it once spinning it behind him to cut off all the ice into pieces. However, that didn't stop the ice shard user.

He turned to the corner of the building that had a wall and quickly stopped there waiting for the other to attack. He then sensed someone behind him and pushed himself away from the wall now face to face with Oliver.

"Hello," he said and threw a punch at George's face but George duck his whole body down to the floor with his hand supporting him while he kicks Oliver in the chest slamming him against the wall. Oliver grunted as he wiped away the sweat from his forehead.

George got up from the floor and glanced at Oliver staring at him remaining calm but he was almost out of breath from all that running.

Oliver suddenly brought out his hands on the air and gathered as much water vapor in his hands. Once the water vapor was in his hands he formed them into sharp ice shards and threw them at George. All this happened in a split second.

George didn't have that much time to react; twisting his body to the right but that didn't avoid the fact that he got cut on the neck. There was now a small line of blood on his neck but he ignored the outstanding pain. George stared at Oliver coldly and pulled out his fingers placed his flashlight back in his pocket and used his Claw ability.

He shot nails sharper than knives at Oliver while he ran around George avoiding most of his hits but some shot him on the skin. It was now Oliver's turn when fifteen seconds ran out and he started shooting ice shards that he just formed at George. George moved from side to side dodging every last one of them.

But there was one upcoming shard on top of him. George had no choice but to use his Time warp ability and stop the huge shard on top of him. George stared at the other coldly. Oliver almost trembled when he saw this, "Y- you have two abilities!" He pointed out but George ignored this.

Now he really needed to kill this man.

George pulled out both daggers and threw one in front of Oliver while he used his time warp ability to stop that. Then he used his super-speed to go behind Oliver throwing another one behind him and then using his time warp ability once again.

Oliver stopped himself when he saw the upcoming knife and got confused when it stopped. He then turned to his back and saw another knife and George looking at him. George then pulled his flashlight and pushed Oliver to the tip of the knife behind him.

"...You bitch!" He yelled and coughed off blood when the knife reached his skull. George stared in disgust when he saw the dead man on the floor no longer breathing.

"Ordinary player 404 has successfully eliminated Ordinary player Vegi!"

George looked away from the body pulling out his boots from the pull of dark blood below him. He pressed the button on his black ring and saw his new ability.

[Player name : Victor]
[Code name : Vegi

[Category: Ordinary level 32]

[Ability: Water is a weapon when harder]

[New owner: 404]

[This ability lets a player turn water into ice that are perfect for an offensive type of battle]

[Restrictions for 404: On 404's current level. He is allowed to use this ability for a maximum of 10 seconds per time. He can only use this ability 10 times every 24 hours ]

George sighed placing his hands on his pockets disabling the ring. He looked up to the sky and saw the stars shine bright above him. He gently touched his neck and stared at his fingers seeing bright blood on his hands. His breath hitches at the pain but he doesn't mind that much.

His new ability was just like a 2.0 version of the claw ability which was a shame but he could at least he could have many types of attacks in one day. Still, that didn't mean that he wouldn't find more abilities for the next few months while living on Earth that had now become a game of Eliminate.

Now there was the next step. He would have to defeat the second door right when it's unlocked by someone.