"Epilogue..."

Hope:

"You're running in the wrong direction!" My husband held my hand tightly as he dragged me running towards the direction of the chapel.

"No, I'm not. Trust me." He turned to me laughing as the wind whipped his bouncy hair with his every movement.

Three years have passed, and this is the first time Luke, now king of Moratovia, and I have been back to my place of birth.

"I know this place like the back of my hand, Luke."

"That may be true, but we're trying to creep up on them to surprise everyone."

He had a point.

This place has changed. Where there used to be vacant plots of unkempt land now stood colorful flower beds, and little koi ponds.

A small children's playground with swings, and slides stood empty a few feet away from the pathway where my husband and I were currently running.

I saw the back of the small quaint chapel where my mother and father got married, and my heart clenched in excitement to see my family again.

Today, Seth, my youngest nephew was to be baptized. Brent was all smiles the last time we video chatted with him as he held his third child for Luke and I to see.

Seth was the spitting image of his father, and was proving to be a handful for my sister and her husband to pacify everytime he starts one of his many tantrums.

My husband placed his index finger on his lips to signal me to be quiet as he carefully opened the backdoor of the chapel.

Immediately, we could hear hushed conversations as my father stood near the altar seeming to give out orders.

"We're here!" Luke announced, and everyone came rushing to greet us. I held my arms open wide to receive a hug from my younger sister, but she just steered me towards one of the many rooms at the side of the chapel where Glen was currently fixing some hairstyling products.

"About time!" He said as he lead me to sit infront of the lighted mirror.

"Wait, what's this all about?" I asked baffled.

"No time to explain. We need to freshen you up. Pastor Rembrandt needs to catch a flight back to Moratovia in less than two hours." Faith explained.

"Pastor who?" I was still not following.

"The pastor who signed the wedding contract which the late queen attached the royal seal to wed you to her son Luke." Glen replied.

"The queen? She was the one who affixed the... wait how did you... why is... when!" I was drowning in questions.

"You need to sit still! Faith, could you please get the suit at the back of your dad's SUV while I make Hope look presentable."

"That's gonna take a miracle."

"Hey, I heard that!" I jokingly pushed a giggling Faith away from me.

"Glen will fill you in, I have to get your suit and shoes from dad's ride. See you in a bit."

"Wow. Dad has an SUV? Business is booming I guess." I looked at Glen who started applying cold cream to my face.

"And Faith now has two food trucks. Brent now owns two gyms and is planning to expand."

"Oh wow. That's great news!"

"Chase has landed himself a scholarship to pay for his college degree. In law school no less."

"I'm impressed. I knew that kid had a good head on his shoulder." I smiled as Glen started applying concealer after wiping my face clean.

"And dad?" I asked.