3 Chapter

Chelsea's POV

The first period went fine. Now, we had biology. Mrs. Mollingston was the teacher that people made fun of, apparently. She was very short. Like 4'10. Compared to the students who somewhy were giants here, she looked tiny. She had short hair and bangs. Also, round glasses. Basically, she looked like Harry Potter's female version.

"Sit down, everyone! It's important that you all hear what I say because your work will be graded." She tried yelling at the bustling kids. "Sit down!" Now, we heard a loud smack on the table, and everyone calmed down. "Let's begin."

As soon as she started explaining the topic, the door opened, and a boy entered the class.

"Keith! What did I say about being late?" The teacher yelled at him, but he ignored her and continued walking to his desk.

"I'm late by one minute..." He finally slowly responded.

"You get detention, young man!" The entire class yelped.

"Mrs. Mollingston, if you want a date with him, just say so." A girl that I saw for the first time commented.

"Diana!" The teacher frowned.

"But she won't get detention for that, right?" Keith crossed his arms on his chest and leaned back in his chair.

He sat with Rachel, which confirmed Ryan's words that they did everything together. She was laughing like the rest of the class.

"Rachel, if that's so funny to you, then maybe you want to answer my question, which I will grade?" Mrs. Mollingston asked, and everyone became silent as if someone had muzzled them. "Why are human brains the biggest?"

Rachel inhaled and smacked her lips. "Because humans are the smartest."

"Wrong."

"What? No, I'm not wrong." She started arguing with a burning fire in her eyes.

"You didn't even hear my question. Now, sit down, Rachel." The teacher shook her head. "You all will get a test if no one can answer this right."

I knew what she wanted us to say, but then I didn't want to act as a superhero. Who liked an expatriating new kid who knew all the answers? Bully's fists, probably.

"Carla, you answer." She pointed at me with her stick.

"Me? I'm Chelsea." I got a little confused.

"Oh, you're new? Okay, answer the question, Chelsea."

Everyone ogled me which left me stumped at first but not answering the question would have been a bigger embarrassment than answering it right.

"Humans' brains are the biggest in contrast to our bodies among mammals but not the biggest in general. The sperm whale has the biggest brain."

The teacher smiled and nodded her head. "You'll get a bonus point on your test."

"A sperm whale? Is that the only thing on your mind, California?" The girl who was sitting with Keith commented.

It was my first day, and I didn't want to be wrecked by a local girl who thought that she was better than others.

"If that word bothers you, then maybe you're the one who can't keep her mind out of the gutter instead of studying what every 8th grader knows," I said and immediately regretted it.

Her eyes darkened in a way that she looked like she was about to start spitting fire. Everyone else was laughing. Even her boyfriend, who was next to her.

"You think this is funny, Keith!?" She grabbed his face with her hand and squeezed it.

"Take your hand off my face, Ray." He whispered in an angry tone, and she removed it. "It's just true. Don't be mad about something you can't fight."