13 Chapter

Chelsea's POV

One whole week of the unknown, mysterious mornings and my secret sneaking into the house had me on my knees. I would repetitively wake up in absurdly odd places after each night tucking myself in bed, thinking that this night would be different, yet it was a disappointment each time. I lost count of the nights I had stayed awake, shedding tears because I was terrified of this curse. But I wasn't some kind of droid to be awake endlessly. Sleeping was necessary whether I wanted or not, and unfortunately, last night, I fell asleep.

Good luck eluded me for untold reasons, and yet again, I woke up in a field that I had never seen before. Dirty from head to toe, with messy hair. I dragged my feet back home and sneaked into the bathroom. My poor body was drained, with no energy left for school. Dark undereyes were hard to conceal, and my voice tinged with exhaustion.

"Chelsea! Hurry up! You're gonna be late for school." My mom's shout triggered my sensitive ears.

****

I managed to undergo three lessons, and -thank God- I only had two left for today. Before every class, I went to the bathroom to check if my makeup hadn't smudged.

"Oh God, I look terrible." My hand touched the mirror, making sure it was my face that was bleak and not the mirror.

Within two minutes, I fixed my makeup even though my skills weren't great. I went to the bathroom just to realize that I had another problem. I started my period.

"Not this. Not today." I cried out and started searching for a pad in my backpack. "Shit. I don't have it."

My eyes bounced between my backpack and the toilet paper. I knew that while my period was light, I could make it back home, but then I would miss the history test. However, I already had a pitiful relationship with my mother, and if I skipped one more class, she might send me to a boarding school which was even worse than this atrocious town.

I pulled my underwear back on and ran out of the bathroom when I hit into someone.

"Chelsea, what's up?" Ryan looked in an incredibly great mood. At least someone was happy.

"Nothing." I didn't want to ruin his day, but then it meant I would ruin mine. And Ryan had been my best friend for a long time. Maybe asking for help wasn't embarrassing, and I could trust him with this one. "Uh, Ryan?" I took his hand into mine and pulled him closer. "I need your help."

"Of course, anything." He gave me a short nod and curious eyes.

Anything... Anything was what I needed.

"Out of nowhere, I started my period, and I don't have anything. Like a pad or a tampon." He tried processing what I had said, and I saw his jaw tense.

Maybe it was not ideal to trust a guy with this information. Back at my school, guys made fun of periods and girls who leaked through their pants. Little did I know, maybe Ryan was that kind of guy.

"Ryan?" I begged for his attention.

"Fuck, Chelsea. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe call my mom?" He started panicking more than I did.

"No, we have 7 minutes left until class, and I need to make it to that history test." I pulled Ryan into the girls' bathroom. "The school's nurse only works on Fridays. I know it's not your thing, but I can't go and ask myself so-"

"It's okay. I'll manage." He hushed me.

Ryan's POV

That was a surprise. I had never been in a situation like this; never even dealt with the word "period." Nevertheless, my mission was to stumble upon a product for the emergency, and as a guy, I wasn't the perfect candidate for this, but my friend relied on me.