(Marcy Wu) - Creatures and Caverns

// One Shot \\
// Marcy Wu x Reader \\
(Not Requested)
——————-——————-————————————

-Info before reading-

• Take Note - This takes place before Amphibia. You met Marcy a few years before Anne's 13th birthday.

Plot - Marcy's interests never really seemed to spark with any of her friends's.  That's not the case with you.
——————-——————-————————————

-Actual One Shot-

Sasha and Anne never fully understood Marcy's obsession with video games, or anything to do with her interests in general, really. But all of that changed when she met you.

It was the beginning of the 4th grade school year. Marcy was walking to her classroom, her face buried in her Nintendo switch as she played it with pure concentration and skill. She was about to beat a final boss, and things were looking good for her character....

That was, until she ran into you, causing both of you to fall over.

"Oops, sorry! I knew I should've been watching where I was going." Marcy apologized quickly, getting up from the ground and helping you up with her as well.

"No, no, that's okay, really." You dismissed with a small smile, before pausing as you heard a familiar tone coming from Marcy's video game. "Wait, are you playing Creatures and Caverns; the video game sequel??"

Marcy's eyes lit up at your words.

"Yes, I am! You know that game?" Her eyes were practically sparkling in excitement by now.

"Heck yeah! I frogging love that game. I've never met anyone else who even knows what Creatures and Caverns is." You replied, gesturing towards her Nintendo. Marcy's smile grew even wider as you went on.

"That's so cool that you play it too! Would you maybe want to hang out at lunch so we could play it together?" There was a hint of nervousness in her voice, but it went unnoticed by you as you quickly accepted her offer.

"Sure! I guess I'll see you then." You nodded, before beginning to walk backwards as you waved to her.

Marcy let out an awkward yet shocked laugh, not believing what just happened as she waved back to you and turned to walk towards her class, before stopping and turning back to ask for your name, but you were already turning the corner.

"Ah, dang it." Marcy grumbled, before the warning bell rang, making her let out a panicked squeal as she began scrambling towards her classroom.

During class, Marcy began counting down the hours until she would go to lunch and see you.

Finally, she had found someone who was fully interested in something she liked. Marcy could finally have a video game buddy she could share her thoughts and theories with.

And maybe, just maybe, she could make you her new friend, too.
——————-——————-————————————

(Author's Note)
I'm ending this One Shot here, but if you guys want a part two I will definitely write a second part.