(Marcy Wu) - A Friend

// One Shot \\
// Marcy Wu x Shy!Neko!Reader \\
(Requested by Kasaki23467)
——————-——————-————————————

-Info before reading-

• Take Note - This takes place in Amphibia after the episode New Wartwood. Marcy hasn't met you up until now. You're a Neko.

Plot - While staying in WartWood, Marcy decides to take a walk through the woods, but accidentally stumbles across you.
——————-——————-————————————

-Actual One Shot-

*Nobody's POV*

The sun was barely visible when Marcy peeked out of the Fwagon's window. The young teenager hadn't been able to sleep all night due to her excitement from staying in WartWood.

With a tired yawn, Marcy hopped out of bed and got dressed in her ranger outfit, before leaving the Fwagon and heading in the direction of the woods.

The forest was the last place Marcy had yet to explore, so why not explore it now?

The short teen eagerly skipped by trees and hopped over streams of water, barely paying attention to where she was going.  Eventually, Marcy had stopped walking and sat at the edge of a valley that she had stumbled across.  She pulled out her journal and began to write about her findings so far.

Out of nowhere, the sounds of a tree limb cracking interrupted Marcy's quiet atmosphere.  Curious, she turned around to look, only to hear the tree limb break.  The teenager watched as something came tumbling down the tree and landed face-first into the ground below.

Marcy froze in place, not knowing what to do, before she carefully stood up and approached the creature.  As she got closer, Marcy realized that the creature looked mostly human, besides the fact that the being had cat ears and a tail.  Resisting the urge to fangirl over the new creature she happened to find, Marcy bent down to try and help...whatever this thing was.

"Um...hello?  Are you alive?" Marcy smiled nervously as she placed her hand on the creature's back.  Instantly, the person flipped over onto their back and shielded themselves defensively with their arms.

"I'm sorry for stalking you!" They shrieked and braced themselves for an attack.  Marcy frowned and slowly pushed away their arms.

"Hey, it's okay.  I'm not gonna hurt you." She assured, carefully standing up and offering the person a helping hand.  The creature's ears seemed to perk up at Marcy's words, before they hesitantly took the her hand.  Marcy pulled them up onto their feet and looked at them in anticipation.  "My name's Marcy.  What's yours?"

The hybrid instinctively hugged their arms and looked away, before their ears perked up at Marcy's voice again.  "I'm Y/n.  Sorry again, for following you around."

"It's no big deal.  I'm just glad you weren't some huge bug." The two shared a laugh at Marcy's response, before calming down.  "So, what are you exactly?  You're not a human, that's for sure."

"I'm nothing special, just a Neko."  Y/n replied with a small smile, flinching when Marcy let out a sudden gasp.

"'Nothing special'??  Y/n, you are amazing!" Marcy beamed, not feeling her face flush a light pink.

"Aw, you're just saying that." Y/n blushed and waved the human off.

"No, I'm serious.  I could just sit here and study you for hours!" Marcy marveled, before pausing to think about her response.  "Wait, that doesn't sound like too bad of an idea.  Would you mind coming back to WartWood with me?"

The hybrid thought to themselves for a moment.  "I don't know.  What if the frogs in town don't like me?"

"Nonsense." Marcy grabbed Y/n's hand and intertwined their fingers together.  "You'll be safe with me, I promise.  Plus, I have a ton of snacks in the Fwagon."

"Deal!" The hybrid agreed, before Marcy cheered and began dragging her new friend towards the town.  As the two walked off, neither of them let go of the others hand.
——————-——————-————————————

(A/N)

Sorry for the long wait.  Hope you liked it!