(Marcy Wu) - Reunited

// One Shot \\
// Marcy Wu x Reader \\
(Requested by Combosnpowerups)
——————-——————-————————————

-Info before reading-

• Take Note - You've been stranded in the woods of Amphibia for a couple of weeks on your own.

Plot - After discovering Newtopia, you quickly find yourself in the middle of the huge city, unaware of a special someone that was there to greet you.
——————-——————-————————————

-Actual One Shot-

*Your POV*

I wasn't sure how long I had been in Amphibia, but it had been at least a few weeks.  I eventually learned that I was in another world filled with human-sized frogs, newts, and toads.  Before waking up in the woods, I remember standing next to Marcy while watching Anne open a music box that she had stolen from a thrift store.  Then, everything went black.

I had hoped that Sasha, Anne, and Marcy were okay if they had ended up in this strange new world as well.
——————-——————-————————————

It seemed like a normal, average day for me.  I woke up and climbed down from the tree I had slept on.  I began walking around to explore more of the forest, climbing up different trees to see if I could get a better view.

As I was scanning my surroundings from above, I happened to catch sight of something that caught my eye.  I squinted and looked closer, and eventually began to see a huge city surrounded by enormous, strong walls.

"Oh, sweet!  Maybe my friends are in there!" I smiled as I talked aloud to myself, before sliding down the tree and jogging in the direction of the large city.
——————-——————-————————————

After what felt like hours of walking, jogging, and running, I had finally made it to the gates of the city.  I knocked, but nothing happened.  A few minutes passed before the gates slowly creaked opened and allowed me to step inside.

As soon as I walked into the city, my eyes lit up.  Everything looked super shiny and fancy, and I could hardly contain my excitement. 

I wasn't able to take another step before a few of the city's guards stepped in front of me, blocking my path.

"Uhhh, hi there.  My name's Y/n and—" before I could finish my sentence, someone side-tackled me to the ground, making me let out an "Oof!

On instinct, I grabbed whoever it was and flipped myself over to where I was grabbing the stranger by their shoulders.  I was about to strangle them when I froze, recognizing the familiar set of brown eyes beneath me.

"Wait, wait, wait...Marcy???" I questioned before rolling off of her and standing back up, helping the shorter girl back onto her feet.

"Y/n!!  Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!  I'm so happy to see you here!" Marcy squealed happily before jumping into my arms, hugging me as tight as she could. 

My face flushed as she hugged me, and I felt like butterflies were swarming together in my stomach.  I shrugged it off quickly and hugged Marcy back, smelling the familiar scent of mint.

"Mar Mar!  I can't believe you're here, and you're safe, too!  I was so worried that you were lost,
o-or hurt!  And Anne a-and Sasha too, of course, haha..." I internally cursed myself for stuttering so much.  What the hell was happening??

"I know, I know!  I'm so glad I found you.  I was actually just on my way to the library to research about the gem stones on the music box.  King Andrias said something about refilling them back to their full power so that they're strong enough to send us back home.  Did I mention Anne visited Newtopia not too long ago?  She has a frog family and—"

As Marcy went on with her rambling, I couldn't help but stare in admiration.  The way she was always so enthusiastic about everything.  The way her green hair clip pieced her silky, black hair out of her face.  The way she laughed and—wait, am I being weird?  It's normal to admire your friend like that, right?

Marcy snapped me out of my thoughts, grabbing my hand and giggling.

"Anyways, what are we waiting for?!  C'mon, let's head to the library.  From there, I can get you up to date on everything that's happened so far."

I laughed a little at her enthusiasm, before being pulled away towards wherever the library was.  As we were running through the city like a couple of little kids, I thought back to earlier.

Why did I blush?  And why was I so nervous and stuttering over my words??  I never do that.

That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I had a crush.  And that crush, was Marcy Wu.
——————-——————-————————————

(A/N)

I hope you liked your request!  It was really fun to write and I lived your ideas!  Combosnpowerups please let me know if you have any more specifications for a part 4!  I'd love to write more of this story!