(Calamity Trio) - Sick

// One Shot \\
// Calamity Trio x NB!Reader \\
(Requested by Dakota1853)
——————-——————-————————————

-Info before reading-

• Take Note - This takes place in Amphibia and after the episode The Dinner.  You live with the Plantars, along with Anne.

Plot - You start to feel a little off, but decide to hide it from your friends. 
——————-——————-————————————

-Actual One Shot-

*Your POV*

The first thing I realized after I woke up was that I felt like total shit.

"Ughhhhh." I groaned as I rolled out of my bed. 

It was the morning after Anne and I had eaten dinner with Marcy, Sasha, Grime, and the Plantars.

I lazily threw on my clothes and stumbled up the cellar stairs that led into the Plantar household.  When I finally entered the home, I noticed that it was fairly quiet.  I walked into the kitchen, where I found Hop Pop sitting at the table and reading one of the books from his study.

"Hey there, kiddo." The old frog greeted, shutting his book to look at me.  "Are you feeling alright?  You're lookin' a little...tired."

I opened my mouth to respond, only to feel that my throat was severely sore.

"Y-Yeah...*cough*...Just peachy." I faked a smile, before continuing to stumble my way towards the front door.

"Aren't you gonna have somethin' to eat?  I can cook ya' a quick bug pancake?" Hop Pop offered halfheartedly with a smile, but I waved him off.

"No, it's..*cough*..it's fine, really." I mumbled in response, before leaving the home. 

Sunlight stung my eyes as I made my way into town, waving to some of the frogs I recognized.  I approached the water fountain in the middle of WartWood and sat down on the ledge, trying to keep a calm expression on my face as I ignored the feeling of my throat swelling up even more. 

I let my head rest in my hands and shut my eyes for a few seconds, letting myself rest. 

Why did I feel so worn out?

"Y/n, hey!" Someone called out to me.  I heard their footsteps approach in my direction, making me internally scream. 

I didn't feel like talking. 

I felt the person sit down beside me, making me lift up my head to look at them.

"Hey..*cough*...Sasha." I smiled tiredly at the blonde, before coughing a few more times.  She looked at me in surprise.

"Woah, you okay there?" Sasha questioned as she raised a concerned eyebrow.

"*cough* Of course I'm fine..*cough*...I've never felt...*cough*....better." I assured her with a thumbs up, but her face didn't change.  Sasha crossed her arms and squinted at me accusingly.

"Yeah, sure.  You totally look fine." She sassed and rolled her eyes, before placing her hand on my forehead.  I quickly pushed her arm away with a scowl.  "Y/n, you're burning up."

"I'm just....really hot from...*cough*....from the sun?" I answered, sounding unsure of myself, which made Sasha scoff in response.

"You're a terrible liar.  Don't make me get Anne."

I froze at Sasha's reply.  Anne would kill me if she saw me like this.

"Don't you dare." I mouthed, shaking me head.  Sasha glared back at me.  She was about to say something else until someone interrupted us.

"Sashy!  N/n!  There you guys are!" Marcy grinned excitedly as she ran over towards us, before tripping on her cape and falling face first onto the ground.  The girl quickly hopped up and brushed herself off, before standing in front of Sasha and I with a confident smile.  "I've been looking for you every—" Marcy paused mid sentence as she stared at me with wide eyes.  "Uh, Y/n?  Are you feeling alright?"

I sighed loudly at the question, before suddenly coughing uncontrollably into my elbow.

"No, they aren't.  And I've been trying to tell them that, but they're being stubborn and disagreeing with me." Sasha snapped, gesturing to me.  I flipped the blonde off, making Marcy gasp and grab my hand.

"Y/n, you're acting...off." Marcy felt my forehead with her hand.  "And your temperature isn't normal either.  Hmm." She began mumbling to herself, never letting go of my hand.  "Let's see here.  Burning up, coughing, mild confusion.  Yep, all of these symptoms point to a cold."

"I do not...*cough*..have a...*cough*..a cold." I weakly argued, but neither girl looked convinced. 

"Nope.  We're taking you to Anne.  End.  Of.  Discussion." Sasha stated, picking me up, carrying me in her arms as Marcy followed behind her.

I wanted to complain and gripe, but I felt so tired, and weak,  I was hot, and confused, and incredibly sore.  So, instead, I let myself be carried. 

Sasha brought me into the Plantar household and dropped me onto the sofa.

"Y/n, just lay there.  Marcy, watch them and make sure they don't do anything stupid.  I'll be back soon with Anne." The blonde ordered, before leaving. 

Before I knew it, I was covered in blankets, and had a worried-looking Marcy crouched next to me, who kept bombarding me with questions.  My half-conscious mind decided to just hold her hand to try to calm her down, before I slowly slipped into unconsciousness.
——————-——————-————————————

I had no idea how much time had passed after I blacked out, but when I woke up, I sure was surprised.

Anne was curled up right next to me on the sofa, snoring obnoxiously loud.  Marcy was still holding my hand while leaning against Anne, and Sasha was leaning on Marcy.  All three girls were sound asleep with me on the couch.

I felt my face grow warm as I looked over them, smiling at the thought of the four of us being together—definitely platonically and not romantically

That would just be weird.....right?
——————-——————-————————————

(A/N)

I am soooooo sorry for not updating.  I'm really trying to get these requests done.  It's currently like 2:30 AM and I've lost all braincells.  Hope you liked it.  See you in the next chapter.