five - sparks

"Fancy heading to Joe's again later?" Jackson asks as he and Mae head towards the hospital

"Fancy heading to Joe's again later?" Jackson asks as he and Mae head towards the hospital. In her 2 weeks here, they've been to Joe's every chance they can get, not always drinking but always chatting. They've both found it therapeutic to do it.

"Of course. I have to call MJ and the guys before I leave though, so I won't be there on time." She says, looking up at him.

He shrugs. "Fine with me... so is Ty your boyfriend or something?" He wonders. She talks about the three main friends a lot, and since MJ and Bentley are married he's always wondered where that leaves Ty and Mae.

Mae smiles and laughs. "Ew no! I mean, I have been there a few times when we've been lonely or bored but no, he's family. In a non-incestuous kinda way. That totally came out wrong." She frowns as she laughs.

"Im sorry." Jackson laughs. "I just... always wondered." He shrugs.

"I assure you, he's a good guy but not for me." She smiles. She raises an eyebrow as Hunt runs over, dressed in blue overalls and carrying a med bag. "Sup?"

"Jacksons gonna take your bag, we gotta go." He says, handing her some overalls. "Now."

Mae quickly hands Jackson her bag and coat, stepping into the overalls and pushing her arms in, zipping it up. She kicks her trainers off and ties the boots tight, the shoes slightly too big. "Where we going?" She asks, rushing off with Hunt; she briefly glances back at Jackson who watches them go.

They head through the pit to a rig waiting for them, Owen banging on the side as they climb in. "Fire at the docks - we're needed to triage and assess. Ever done something like this?"

Mae nods, strapping in as the rig speeds away. "Yes. Red, yellow, green tags, green being okay, red being immediate assistance. Black if... if they're beyond help." She nods.

Owen nods solemnly. "Good. Don't do anything stupid, triage and get people seen to."

Mae nods, surprised they're already there. When they jump out, Mae is shocked at the carnage in front of her. It's almost as bad as things she has seen in war zones. "Wigan, you good?" Hunt asks, breaking her from her thoughts.

Mae nods quickly. "I'm good. I'll go left, you go right." She calls, rushing off as he goes the opposite way; she's handed a radio, just incase she needs anything. Thankfully, triage tents have already been set up. Green tags are the walking wounded, but are able to continue without much medical intervention. Yellows are non-urgent injuries. Red is urgent and black is, sadly, nothing can be done.

Mae secures a lot of green tags, a few yellows. She works quickly but thoroughly; nothing gets by her. "Hunt, I'm heading north, fire crews say there may be a few injured." She says into the radio.

"Be careful. Do not put yourself in harms way - my wife will kill us both." He says.

Mae laughs. "No promises." She grabs her bag and jogs after the fire crew.