ten - ten things

Mae exhales slowly as she sinks down the wall, eyes focused on the notice board opposite her

Mae exhales slowly as she sinks down the wall, eyes focused on the notice board opposite her. MJ also does the same, both bored of pacing. "I need you to talk about something, anything." MJ begs.

"Talk about wha-"

"I said anything!" She snaps but quickly sighs and rubs her head. "Sorry... I just... its been 4 hours since they landed. And we've heard nothing. I can't take much more of this unless I am distracted. So... talk."

"I get that. But talk about what, work? We talked a lot about Jackson lately." Mae says gently, looking over.

MJ smiles small. "You made me do this with Bentley so you can do it with Jackson. 10 things that outweigh 5 cons."

"Jesus, that was a long time ago." Mae mumbles. She takes a deep breath and focuses on the wall. "Okay... con - he owns the hospital."

"Okay, 2 pros that outweigh that."

Mae blows air from her cheeks. "Uh... he's really kind. And he's got great morals, doesn't let money get to him." She swallows the lump in her throat as MJ motions for her to continue. "Con- he has a kid. But that's not the worst thing, he just didn't tell me about her. He's really really good with her."

"You don't want kids still?" MJ guesses.

"Never saw that as my path but then again, never saw medical discharge or sordid affairs either." She jokes.

"I did see it either until it was right there..." her hand absentmindedly moves to her tummy.

Mae smiles sadly. "Con... he's experienced a lot of loss that I'm not sure how to support him through. He is really good at navigating trouble though, and knowing when enough is enough."

"He's sensible? Ew." MJ teases. "We don't like sensible."

"You know, I think I do. When it's him, anyway. So that's another pro. I can't think of many more cons... other than he's a really good person and I don't want to ruin that with changing things."

"Then overload me with pros." MJ shrugs, looking at her friend.

Mae blushes. "He's charming. Funny and kind-"

"You already said." MJ sings.

"But he really is!" She giggles small and sighs. "It's easy to be around him, he makes me smile, he's easy to talk to, he doesn't judge, he knows what to say and when to say it, he's so God damn hot." She takes a flustered breath.

"You've been hit by cupids arrow, darling." MJ smiles. "Realllly hard."

"Oh shut up." Mae shoves her.

Both woman look over as Owen comes out, both scrambling up. "How are they?" Mae asks quickly.

Owen takes a deep breath. "Both stable. Bentley is being transfered to a ward, I can take you to him if you'd like. Tyler is..."