seven - spooky

"It's a sign!" MJ shrieks for the thousandth time

Mae sighs, stood outside the hospital with her phone in hand. She walks today - WALKED. Like, left foot, right foot. All the way. All 3 or so miles. Don't ask why. She doesn't know why. "It's a name. A popular name in some places." She says - for the thousandth time.

"Wrong. It's a sign." MJ grins. "I get 48 hours leave this weekend, I was thinking or flying over for a night."

"You don't wanna spend it with your husband?" Mae laughs.

"He's in trouble - lost his 48 hours." MJ smirks.

Mae laughs. "He lost all 48!? Was Tyler somehow involved?"

"How did you know?" She laughs. "I gotta go but I'll let you know about flights and stuff, kay?"

"Alright. Love you." Mae says, MJ saying the same. She looks up to see Teddy smirking. "Yes, Altman?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Who was that?" She sings, linking arms with her friend and walking along inside with her.

"That was my secret lover MJ." She smiles. "She's gonna come visit this weekend hopefully."

"Hopefully?" Teddy asks.

She shrugs. "Our leave was always disposable to our sergeants."

"Oh yeah, they're all assholes." Teddy agrees.

"Weren't you and Hunt one?" Mae raises an eyebrow.

Teddy grins. "That's how I know." She winks. "Hey, maybe we can have a girly day with MJ? I'd like to meet her."

"She wants to meet you too, so we will absolutely have to do something." Mae smiles. She dumps her things in her locker and grabs some scrubs from the closet.

"You and pretty boy haven't hung out in like 3 days - what's going on there?" Teddy asks as she pulls her sweater off and grabs a scrub top.

"I don't know ask him." She says quickly, cursing herself. She takes a deep breath and talks slower. "I don't know, we just have both been busy."

"Uh huh..." Teddy says, definitely not buying it.

Mae sighs. "He didn't tell me he had a kid. I'm not bothered at all, it just seemed weird. Especially after the time we were spending together." She ties her hair back. "And his kid has the same name as me."

"No she doesn't-"

"Mae Harriet Daphne Wigan."

"Daphne? Like Scooby Doo?" Teddy sniggers. She clears her throat as Mae glares. "Sorry, serious face. Okay, well some would call that a s-"

"If you say sign, I'll stop your heart beating, I swear to god." Mae glares.

"MJ said that word then?" Teddy guesses with a grin. "Oh cmon, lighten up." She nudges her.