I miss you like a little kid

He knew exact shape of words tattooed on his chest  — "No legacy is so rich as honesty" and at this moment, he understood that if he won't choose Vegas over Major Family, he won't be honest with himself. Pete grabbed brooch and squeezed it, waiting for guilt, but deep down he knew this is the right thing to do.

"I'm sorry Khun Korn." He took off brooch and suit, symbolizing devotion to family.

I no longer belong here though thought Pete.

"I'm leaving".

"Please take a look at him" Khun Korn has always been forgiving and even when his loyal bodyguard betrays him, he doesn't lose his composure.

Pete bowed deeply, thanking for taking care of him for all these years, and turns to door where Vegas disappeared. 

First step. 

Then second one.

"Pete?" Khun asked in disbelief . Pete knew that if he will take a look at his beloved master, he won't be able to leave. So with all of his will and stubbornness, he rushed to the door, where Vegas disappeared.

"Vegas!"

All eyes were on running men, but they couldn't care less. Thousands thoughts crossed Pete's mind, panic devoured rationality, the desire to save Vegas, consumed the remnants of his dignity.

"Vegas!!" Screamed louder, although it didn't stop him, instead he got into the car and drove off with a screech of tires. Pete's shoes got stuck in the mud, the rain blocked his view, and his hands began to shake, but he desperately reached the nearest car and tried to caught up at full speed, followed by the gaze of his former colleague.

Should I call him? No it could cause an accident. I don't even have his number. I can't catch up! Maybe I should open the window and...

His head was pure chaos, not knowing what to do to stop the driver. At this moment chocolate eyes laid on passages seat. One of the deadliest weapons in the world laid there, and paradoxically it was like sign from heaven.

Pete opened the window and without losing his composure, he aimed at the car tire. Then fired a clean shot.

The vehicle has lost track and slowed down to finally stop. The relief was breath-taking to such an extent that he felt dizzy. He immediately got out of the car and run to Vegas. Car was locked, so he knocked on the window, but it didn't catch Vegas attention. He was staring blankly at the street with shook on his face, panting.

Cold raindrops fell on Pete's white cotton shirt, furthermore his hair stuck to forehead, yet he didn't care about it at all. His attention was focused at person sitting in the car, trying to catch a breath, stop tears and chills all over his body. He was falling apart and his mind shattered to a million pieces at the moment his father dropped dead at the ground. Vegas' hysteria was mixed with overwhelming sadness and Pete couldn't help him.

Vegas looked like he's about to faint, so Pete didn't hesitate to prepare his elbow. At this point he didn't think straight about consequences such as glass and wounds, since his thoughts was focused only on Vegas.

Once, Twice and after third time car window finally shattered. He unlocked the door and pulled Vegas out of the car to put him on a filthy street. Rain wet both of them, yet neither cared. Pete started crying along, when he hugged brunet to his chest. Vegas clung to him and let loud sobs.

"I'm here. I'm here, Vegas. Okay, you're fine, I'm here with you." He stroked his wet hair and gave him little kiss there. Vegas body was trembling so badly Pete didn't know what to do. He could just hold him tightly and offer support. "It's gonna be fine. Everything will be fine".

"W-why are... Y-y-you will be s-s-sick. It's too c-c-c-cold for you, P-Pete" Vegas's shaky voice came out and it was hard to understand. However, one thing was clear — Vegas even now was worried about Pete. This whole fuck-up situation didn't stop Vegas of thinking about health of person he loved.

"It's gonna be fine. Just cry it out. I'm right beside you, Vegas." He knew it was tears that Vegas has been holding back all these years.

After few minutes, maybe hours, Vegas calmed down a little, so they were able to sit at the Pete's car. Vegas now just sniffed and stared blankly ahead. He looked like someone ripped out part of his soul, which was understandable, because he lost another parent. Khun Kan was terrible father figure - he was abusive toward his own family, he compared his own son to cousin, he was homophobic towards both Macao and Vegas and on top of that, Kan used domestic violence. Regardless, Macao and Vegas became orphans and at the same time they have lost the person whose opinion they cared most about.

Pete in silence turn on the engine and set up heating to prevent sickness. He drove them to Second Family mansion. Bodyguards were startled by this whole situation, so they didn't even guard main gate. They were running all over the place, some of them were leaving with theirs belongings and even more than that, others tried to do something with chaos, but it didn't work even a bit. Whole family felt lost and at this moment Pete knew that he need to take care of this unending shithole.

Yet now he had priorities. He made Vegas got out of the car and wrapped his arms around his waist, leading them to Vegas's bedroom.

Pete felt panic attack as the bedroom door closed behind them, but he tried to focus on proper breathing and helped Vegas settle into bed. Walls pressed against him and tears streamed down his cheeks. His hands began to tremble, unconsciously his eyes tried to find scars on the wrists where he was chained, not so long ago. Lifeless eyes laid on them and with all the will Vegas grabbed them to softly kiss. Pete's attention was now on the man on the bed. The sense of the world ending disappeared almost immediately.

"We have to take our clothes off because it's all socked." Vegas tried to unbutton his black shirt, but his shaking hands made it hard for him, so Pete helped him. He first undressed Vegas, then himself, covering them with the duvet. Their nudity wasn't sexual in any way. Both of them were fighting with their own demons, but with each other beside, they managed to push back the darkness. They spend night blankly staring into walls, listening to the shouts of the security guards outside and rain. But most important, they spend it together.