People like us, people like me

Every person who stayed in the property, stood before him. In contrast to The Main Family, staff haired by The Minor Family could wear casual clothes, so it was hard to tell who performs what function. Maids, cooks, two doctors, bodyguards, one IT specialist, three spies and Nop. In total there were thirty-five people out of fifty; documents reported that most of those whose gone were ordinary guards, but there also were important security members, essential for security.

"Okay, I'll wait 30 seconds. Those who wants to leave their position, will do it now. After this time, everyone will stay inside, without any exceptions."

Older bodyguard hesitatingly walked out of row, after him young maid and old cook. Then two of young bodyguards.

"Time out. You get out, rest stay. From this moment we are closed fortress, those who will leave property grounds, will be considered traitors and locked up in the basement. Every device is prohibited and when I found out that someone tried to communicate with outsiders, those will be considered traitors and locked up in the basement. Is there any questions?"

Some of the looks were startled, some hostile. Everyone was confused, but Macau's presence behind him, gave him unquestionable authority to issue orders, so nobody dared to question it.

"Is everything understood?"

"Yes, sir!" They responded in unison, what brought Pete's indulgent smile back.

"I'll meet each of you and assign duties. Dismissed. Nop, close the gates."

When everyone left, Pete turned to Macau.

"I think you should talk to your brother. I'll check on him and call if that's okay with you."

Macau nodded meekly and rubbed his temple.

"In the meantime you should find doctor and ask for headache pills. Don't worry, Nong, everything is under control."

"Okay, P'Pete."

Brown eyes stared at locked main gate. Again locked inside this house — he thought resignedly and went inside. When he stepped into the bedroom and bed was empty, he felt panic. This time it wasn't caused by room itself, but lack of owner's presence. Vegas wasn't exactly at his best right now, so he could easily hurt himself or others. Pete run out of bedroom and opened every door in the hallway, but there wasn't any sign of family heir.

"Shit!" He whispered to himself and run downstairs. His gaze met three bodyguards, standing and smoking in silence. "Where's the command center?!" Asked angrily and followed one of men, who showed him the way. Dark, blue room was full of computers and recordings from CCTV. Young man was sitting there and desperately trying to block odd signals, when Pete rushed into the room.

"Show me first floor recordings from hallway!" Young man didn't hesitate, because honestly he was kinda terrified of Pete. Within an hour, he took command of more than thirty men, and no one opposed him. He quicky found camera and showed it to Pete.

"Go back to an hour ago, find Vegas. He's not in his room." Pete said without taking his eyes off the computer. Finding him, took them only few seconds.

"He's in P'Kan office. It's second floor, this door." Pointed to screen.

"Okay, thank you!" And run out to stairs. Out of breath, he stood in front of the door, rushly knocked and came in. Vegas was sitting at the desk in carelessly tied navy blue robe. Messy hair, puffy eyes and cigarettes in hand. He was staring blindly at wall, where hang big picture of Kan and his wife Pim. Beside it was smaller one, where was Kan with his sons. Vegas was younger, sitting at chair with his father's hand on shoulder. Both of them has serious look, Macau on the other hand was sitting proudly with little smile.

"It was three years ago. I just started university and closed deal with client. My father was proud only because client wanted to make a deal with us, not Main Family. Some illegal sick shit, they would never agree to. That was two days before he found out that I'm gay." Vegas said unemotionally without taking his eyes off picture. There was silence in the room, interrupted by Pete's loud breathing.

Pete carefully took a step closer, trying to remain calm. Vegas looked fine, but his eyes were filled with many emotions. He came closer, when Vegas lit another cigarette.

"Macau wants talk to you. He's distressed with this whole situation." Said Pete, slowly kneeling before him and gently stroking his thighs.

"My precious little Macau... You know, he hates Main Family, because he thinks they're the reason why our father didn't love us. He fucked us pretty badly, don't you think?" Vegas turned his gaze to Pete and gently stroked his cheek. "When I woke up and you weren't beside me, I thought that you were fever dream. That I made you up in my mental head. Because it's so unrealistic that someone chose us over them." Vegas' empty voice made Pete uneasy. He desperately wanted to help his lover, but didn't know how.

"If you and Macau are fucked up, then I think we'll be pretty cool team. Beside that..." Pete grabbed Vegas' wrist and kisses it "I think you're people worth choosing and from now on, I'll always choose you. Now please, go to your room and talk to your brother." Pete stood up and leaned over him to kiss his forehead, before he left room.