Whatever I've done I did it for love

Pete opened his swollen eyes, when thunder rang outside, and looked at balcony window. Morning was dark due to storm clouds. Vegas was sleeping on the bed, next to him, but his eyebrows were clenched. Pete knew that he's exhausted and didn't want to wake him up, so he barely moved his hand to seize Vegas' phone, but it was locked. He wanted to check if phone was on silent mode, but on screen appeared hidden Line messages from Macau. He sighed and pointed the phone at sleeping Vegas' face and facial recognition system unlocked it.

Vegas please talk to me

Please pick up phone

Hia everything is a mess here, some bodyguards badmouthing P'Pete and you, Tankhun is furious, our bodyguards leaving the house, uncle don't receiving visitors, please pick up.

I'm glad that you're safe, call me when you will be up

Macau must be lost and worried sick about his brother. Pete texted that Vegas is still asleep, and he'll meet him in 15' downstairs. Teenager responded in few seconds with simple 'Ok'.

Pete put down device and got up as silently as he could, and fortunately other man didn't even flinch. He tried not to look around to prevent another panic attack, so he just scanned floor, looking for yesterday's clothes, but these still were wet and dirty. He barely looked up as his breathing quickened. Pete was doing everything to remain calmness, but this space brought too many memories, so unconsciously he began chewing his nails. He found some casual black t-shirt and grey sweatpants on wardrobe, perfectly fitting him due to same size and basically no height difference . He knew somewhere there were clothes, bought by Vegas for him during his imprisonment, but thinking about wearing it, made him even more anxious.

Without further looking around, he went to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. He showered in less than 5 minutes and when he got out, he noticed that nothing changed around since he was there last time. His toothbrush, face wash and towel were in the same places. Hesitantly Pete wiped himself off with a towel, recognizing addictive smell of Vegas' cologne. He closed eyes and sighed again with mixed emotions inside him. He quickly brushed teeth, put on clothes and just left the room with glance at sleeping Vegas.

He must've been exhausted. He didn't wake up even when I was walking around.

Hallway was empty and after all those years of serving as bodyguard it was almost terrifying. It was like nobody willed to guard mansion and its owners. Atmosphere also was heavy, there was something frightful in the air. Pete went down the stairs to meet Macau's piercing eyesight. He stared at him up and down, trying to figure out whole situation between Pete and his brother.

"How's Hia?" He asked, sitting relaxed with tranquil attitude as if nothing changed and it's normal Saturday. Except his leg twitched nervously, revealing his true emotions.

"Still sleeping. I think we should let him be. He's not really stable right now."

Macau stared with blankly gaze at wall, nodding. Pete suspected that he has never seen big brother's weak side. Obviously he witnessed his suffering during fights with their father and anger after them, but never sadness. Vegas was perfectionist when it came to hiding his emotions behind fake mask, he didn't even let his own brother see those cracks.

"Phi... I don't really understand why are you here... I don't understand what the fuck is going on right now. I feel like whole family is falling apart." His voice began to crack, composure felt apart as he hides face in his hands.

Pete didn't hesitate to kneel before younger one. In order to calm him, he stroked Macau's dark hair and whispered comforting words.

"Most of our guards left house, we don't have proper protection. If other families try to attack us, we're not able to suppress attack" Macau finally said in coarse voice, holding his temple.

"Yeah, we need to take care of this right away, because we can lose something more than few bodyguards."

"P'Pete I don't think that we can trust First Family for now. We should back off of theirs business and limit contact, they'll be first ones to humiliate us. I know that you formally belong with them, but..."

"Not anymore. Nong Macao I know situation, so I know that cutting them off for now will be our first move. Actually, we should cut everyone off. No one is coming in or out this mansion. Let know everyone who's left to gather at meeting room." Confidence in Pete's voice calmed Macau. "I need half an hour. Someone get me white shirt, black pants, bowl of rice and some cool underwear, because shit is about to get real."

He walked out of room and left little shocked Macao behind. Nop found him after few minutes, lead him to the guest room, gave everything what he ordered and left. Pete didn't have time to overthinking situation, so he simply dressed up and looked in the mirror.

"You've got this, Pete."