5

He got the call after about three hours of waiting for his husband after his shift ended, after he had walked home and messaged him about a hundred times while fiddling with the simple golden wedding band on his finger. His heart stopped.

The officer explained how Techno had N in his emergency contacts, and that on his files the man was labeled as his spouse. She explained what had happened; a mugging in which Mr. Techno, Blade, Craft had been badly hurt and his belongings no longer with him.

He was hospitalized, and in horrible condition. Doctors didn't know if he would survive, his blood type rare to come by in terms of blood bags- he'd lost a lot.

N rushed to change from his pjs, into something more acceptable; a pair of jeans and one of Techno's old collage hoodies. He grabbed his keys, slipped on his shoes, ran out the door before locking it, and dashed to his car. He started the engine, and drove like his life depended on it- which in a way it did.

He parked very rough- he was in a rush, let him be-, rushing quickly in the emergency doors. He called to the nurse the name of the man he wanted, who returned with a warning that he was in surgery and couldn't have visitors. He grumbled back, sitting in the waiting room after giving the nurse his name for updates.

He sat there all night.