10

The only thing he did when he was sat on that chair was shake and cry. He couldn't help himself. His waterworks tired him out, but they wouldn't stop. His bones rattled as his hands wouldn't steady, his head hurried in his arms as his leg bounced. He couldn't breathe, he didn't deserve it anyway.

Techno, god bless his soul, didn't... make it.

He didn't know what to do anymore; he couldn't go home, their- his... house would feel too empty... he felt empty. He was empty.

Techno made him whole.

He grabbed his phone from the pocket of his shorts. He pulled up his messages, typing a four paragraph long bubble before deleting it. He closed his phone with shaky hands, standing from the chair as he sniffed. He called Techno's mom once again.

He's...

He couldn't bring himself to say it, to accept it. His mother-in-law knew exactly what he was getting at, another wave of the waterworks he hated hearing flowing. He sat in silence with the woman for a moment, before saying a quiet sorry and hanging up.

He bit his lip so hard he tasted the metallic of blood in his mouth. He shakily walked to his car, he couldn't be here any longer.

He climbed in his car, mind full of guilt because it was his fault. It was his fault. He was at work, and Techno had the idea to take him out to dinner. Techno left the house because of him. He killed Techno- albeit indirectly.

He started his car, a new rush of tears.