11

He drove to where Techno had been stabbed; it was all over the news and the cunt who'd done it hadn't even been caught yet- if he ever will be. N didn't care at this point, the attacker could die for all he cared, and he wouldn't feel any better. He didn't blame the guy, he blamed himself.

Because it was his fault.

He stepped out of the car, the metal hunk of junk parked on the side of the road. He stopped where he saw the bloodstain, picturing Techno's cold body laying on the concrete, hurting and dying. His heart ached as he fell on his knees, probably scraping them gently but he didn't care; he'd lost him for real- there was no hope anymore.

He bent over, his forehead against the concrete, his hair messy and shoulders shaking like his hands. He clutched his shirt, hot tears burning his cheeks. He couldn't breathe steadily, he was heaving for breath. He let out a wail, not caring what the passing civilians thought about him or his breakdown. He sobbed, until his tears were gone. His throat burned, his fingers hurt from grabbing his hoodie too tight. He didn't want to move, but he knew city police would be there soon if he didn't leave and not look like a crazy person.

He stood up, wiping his eyes with fisted hands. He could feel his face was warm, eyes puffy and tired, forehead probably covered in dirt. He took in a deep breath, dusting himself off as he started back to his car. He got looks for passing people, but brushed them off again- they didn't know what he was going through, didn't know the pain of losing a husband.

He climbed in his car, his eyes drooping, starting the engine and pressed the gas. He went home, despite the empty feeling all around him; his car, the living room, their room, the kitchen. He fell onto his bed, tugging on a hoodie which still smelled like Techno, losing onto Techno's pillows in his arms as he drifted to sleep.