Chapter 2: Reaction

[Dream tried to swim in lava.]

Sam stared at the six words in front of him. What is Dream up to now? He wondered. But the thought did not stick, which happened all across the SMP. Most brushed it off as another incident of Dream trying to make his presence known or as a joke, with few people even bothering to think about the announcement for long.

Just being stupid again, I guess. Well, it's not like he would do anything harmful to himself anyways. Thought Sam, who then looked in the direction to the entrance to Pandora. I just wish Quackity would finish up his "reunion" faster and get the revival book.

• • •

Guess it's about time I get back to the visits, huh. Thought Quackity. What should I do this time, hm...? I'll go a little rougher since he interrupted my date. How dare he remind me of his presence. He smiled, plotting away in his mind.

"Quackity? What's so funny?" Asked Karl, noticing his fiance's sudden sudden fit of chuckles.

"Yeah, Quackity? What's up with you?" Said Sapnap, who was lying by his side.

"It's nothing you guys. Just excited for the future, that's all." Replied Quackity, smiling at his fiances' attention. It was one of the only things that's stayed positive in his life, with his loved ones by his side and a country to run. 

And of course, the visits.

They were fun too.

• • •

Hm, hm~ 

A soft tune echoed through the seemingly endless halls of Pandora's Vault, intertwining with the thump of foot steps.

"Hey Sam, anything happened when I was gone?" Asked Quackity, hands crossed behind his head and smiling.

"No, everything's fine. Other than that message, things were pretty quiet." Answered Sam. "Actually, a little too quiet..."

"What was that, Sam?"

"Nothing."

So the humming started again as the pair continued to walk towards the cell that contained the deadliest man on the SMP.

• • •

Click. Sam pressed the lever and waited for the lava to start falling. Quackity was just on the side, sharpening his blade as he hummed to the ticking of the seconds. 

Can't wait to see his face again, thought Quackity. Just imagine what it'll be like to witness that fearful expression! And I'll make him bleed, oh yes I will. And perhaps as a bonus I'll get the book today. If not, well, guess I'll come back tomorrow~

"Quackity, it's ready." Said Sam, seeing that the lava was dropping.

"Alright. And you'll let me take my weapons, won't you?" Cooed Quackity, obviously knowing the answer, which was yes. 

"Just try to get the book today, alright?" Sam sighed, finding it harder and harder to put up with this.

"Fine." Quackity said as he eyed the dropping lava, ready to step onto the platform that will take him to his prisoner.

But as the lava depleted, Quackity noticed something weird. Dream seemed...off? He couldn't quite figure out what was wrong, but ignored it anyways. What could possibly have happened anyways?

So he stepped onto the platform and started moving towards the cell. "Oh Dream~," He singed. "How have you been doing?"

Quackity stepped into the cell just as the prisoner turned around.

"Who are you?"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

(To be continued...)