Chapter 25: Life and Death

Darks winds swept through the strange, shadowy void. Two figures stood face to face in its midst, one towering over the other, glowing like the evening sun.

"𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎." The goddess commented. "𝙽𝚘𝚠, 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖, 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢?"

"...Yes." He answered, head slightly lowered. "This is no time for regrets."

Kristin looked at Dream for a moment. "𝙷𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛, 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚝?"

"Well..." Dream scratched his cheek. "It just feels unreal, you know? And now that I've met Sapnap and Punz, I wish I could inform those I didn't talk to of this as well. Of course, not to have them forgive me or anything; I don't really care about that. Just...meet them one last time before I'm gone."

"𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎." Kristin nodded. "𝙰𝚑, 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞? 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚗, 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜? 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢? 𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 𝚝𝚘. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚎, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗."

"Will you really let me do that?"

"𝚂𝚞𝚛𝚎. 𝚇𝙳 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜."

"Ah..."

Kristin laughed. "𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚗, 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢."

She waved her wings, and the darkness began to dissipate.

"Wait-" Dream suddenly called out. The goddess looked at him, asking with her eyes.

"Um, can you go tell Techno and Phil what'll happen? I don't think they know yet, and it'd be a shame if they only find out afterwards."

She nodded, and Dream smiled as well. The clouds faded away to show the brilliant blue sky. And as Kristin soared towards the tundra, Dream trodded away in the snow, vanishing amongst the foliage.

• • •

If a stranger had stumbled upon the throng, they would have thought everyone was headed to war. Well, that thought wasn't far off, except the war would be against something who's identity even the warriors were not sure of.

Tommy took one last look at his fellow server-members before signaling for all of them to split and gather into their own batches. His team was made up of Tubbo, Ranboo, Quackity, and himself. Just a few hours ago, Quackity was teamed with his fiances, Sapnap and Karl, and Sam. But for some reason, he suddenly told Tommy that he'd like to switch teams, so the boy added him to his team. Although it was strange, looking at how Sapnap and Quackity were avoiding eye contact and trying to stay as far away from each other as possible, not to mention the fact that the latter had a bandage over his nose, Tommy guessed they had some sort of couples' fight and shrugged it off.