Chapter 9: Unveiled (2)

"I woke up in a black space." Delusion began.

"It was... pretty empty, I think. Some parts are a little blurry." He thought for a moment. "And then I noticed the mirrors; they were floating around me. Smoke, too."

Sam, Tommy, and Quackity quietly listened to the ghost's description of this strange place, of its endless darkness and the mysterious lack of gravity. I wonder what it means... Tommy wondered.

"I tried to leave the mirrors, but there was always just more. Or maybe they followed me, I don't know." He frowned at his lack of clarity. "Then I noticed the mirrors playing some something, so I went to look."

"What were they playing?" Quackity asked, a little more curious. "Like a movie or something?"

"I guess? I would hope they were all just a movie, but you guys were in it. Or maybe you all became actors? But I felt strangely connected to it all..." Delusion whispered the last part, too quiet for anyone but himself.

"Nah. Who's got the time for that?" Quackity scoffed. "So after that? Then what?"

"I... was confused at first. They weren't showing anything I remembered, but some of the people in them were my friends, like Sapnap and George and you guys, too." Delusion nervously looked up to see their reactions. There wasn't much, maybe a hint of surprise.

"Some of it was calm but the rest was, um, violent."

"Violent?" Sam spoke up.

"Yeah, there were people fighting each other and blowing stuff up and everything was getting destroyed." The ghost hugged his arms and quivered. "It was soo loud..."

They were speechless. Delusion, Dream's ghost, was acting soo weak in front of them, but when they reflected on what he'd said, they realized he wasn't wrong. Was war... the right option? Tommy wondered, but Delusion started speaking again.

"Sometimes there would be just normal, everyday things but the more I watched the more chaotic it got. And there were so many people too, most I've never seen before."

"Like who?" Tommy asked. "Can you describe them?"

"Uh, there was a short, brown-haired kid with goat horns that seemed to get pushed around a lot, there was also this really tall half-black-half-white guy with a crown, and this brown-haired man wearing a trench coat and glasses." He started listing off the people he remembered. "Um, I did see this man in a white hoodie a lot when they were fighting, oh and there was that pink haired... pig hybrid? He also wore a crown and was really good at fighting."

Tubbo, Ranboo, Wilbur, Punz, and Techno. The three named in their heads. So he doesn't remember them... at all?  

Tommy felt kind of bad. Imagine, that you don't remember anyone, even if they weren't your friends. That's kind of sad, innit?

• • •

"Then I remember... fighting with the short boy and you." Delusion pointed to Tommy. "I think I won and then we went to this dark place." He looked uncomfortable.

"There were... discs, lying on the ground. And there was a path with a bunch of stuff, labeled too." Delusion shifted his feet. "I think... you looked scared? Disgusted? Maybe both?"

This gave Tommy a flashback to back when they were in that place. He...remembered that? He recounted the SMP, all present, standing together to put Dream in the prison. Tommy had a bad feeling.

"And then I walked away, and you two were talking about something. Then the man with the white hoodie came through a nether portal." Delusion felt a lump in his throat. "Then more people came."