Chapter 5: Smoke and Mirrors

Imagine that you woke up in a small, dark space, with a very limited amount of equipment and daily necessities. But that's okay, since you don't actually need much to survive. So you treated this only as a slight bother in the back of your mind and carried on, day after day.

Suddenly, a man appeared, calling you a liar and threatening you with a weapon. But you know that agitating him will only makes things worse, so you carefully explain to him that you don't know him and wait for a reply. At least you now know that your friend is here, and that you're not alone!

And they tell you all you wanted to know, so of course you'd be content and follow them. Hasn't it been a long time since you've seen any sort of greenery?

But as you were walking outside, the man who you first met, Quackity (?) blurted out "You're dead."

What does that mean?

• • •

"W-what do you mean?" Delusion stuttered. "I'm dead?"

"N-" Sam tried to speak, but Quackity was faster. "Yeah, you're dead. A ghost. The left-overs of an idiot."

"...Who?" Asked Delusion.

"Dream," Quackity answered. "The worst villain of them all!" 

Quackity!

"And you know what?" He continued. "This was the place he ended up because of that!"

"W-what are you talking about?"

"It's a fucking prison! What else could it be? Ha, and he thought he was soooo smart. Ended up kicking himself in the ass!" Quackity cackled.

No, that's impossible! 

"What could he have possibly done to be sent to prison?!" Delusion yelled, emotions beginning swelling up like rising lava.

Quackity just laughed that off. "Didn't I tell you, he's a villain! Always was and always will be! He betrayed his best friends, started wars, and bombed Manburg. If he isn't a villain, I don't know what he is."

"In fact, good thing he died! Now the server's gonna be soo much better." He added, eying Delusion for a reaction.

Well, he got what he wanted.

Delusion was in total shock, eyes wide and lips quivering. Suddenly, a wave of sharp pain punctured his brain, making him bend over, hands holding his head.

Wh, what is this...? He could barely think straight. Pictures...?

There were flashes of color, some accompanied by explosions and shouts, others only silence. 

They played like a tape out of control, swirling and swarming  inside him. 

It never seemed to end.

So...loud. Delusion winced. Too...LOUD!

He screamed.

• • •

Sam and Quackity watched as the ghost doubled over while holding his head. His eyes were tightly shut and he was shaking. 

Wh-whoa. Thought Quackity. This is way stronger than Ghostbur's reaction.

D-Delusion... was the only thought Sam could conjure up.

They noticed Delusion whisper something, but they couldn't make it out due to the... wind?

Why's there wind inside the prison? They both wondered. But that thought didn't stick for long, as suddenly, the most shrilling sound filled their ears.