Chapter 12 A Samurai's Journey part 2

Jess's POV

Cam came running over to us and me and him started to walk the other weak rangers away from the battlefield and back towards ninja ops as we both tried to get Dustin to come along he had just one thing to say.

"No you guys I think I'm just gonna wait for a bus or something."

"Run fool."A snarling voice called from above us.We all looked up and spotted Lothor hovering above us watching us like a hawk watches its prey.Dustin came running towards us saying along the way.

"Right behind you Cam."And as we heard another voice calling out to us there stood Marah and Kapri both looking jolly but sending me anxious looks every now and then that told me that they really hadn't forgotten what happened today.Good was my first thought.

Before anything else could happen Lothor spoke again this time to Cam.

"Good to see you nephew."All of us looked at Cam with confusion clear in our eyes nephew.

"We can't choose our family Lothor and I certainly didn't choose you."Cam called up to him.

"Pity I could always use someone like you in my army."Cam just looked at him like he was shocked."You must be joking."

And then Lothor looked at me and spoke again this time he looked like he thought I was some sort of trophy."What about you little girl your powers are extraordinary how bout helping an evil space ninja out."He smirked at me.

"When hell freezes over."I replied and as Lothor went to attack us we were all teleported out.

AT NINJA OPS

We all appeared inside ninja ops and everyone but me hit the ground hard."Next time a little warning please sensei."Kailey asked him with pain in her voice.She had landed on her foot hard when she landed.

"Your appreciation is noted rangers."Sensei told them and as they realized how disrespectful that sounded Shane tried to make amends.

"Sorry sensei I just know that if we had our powers we could have taken that guy."Sensei nodded in understanding as we all gathered around the sphere containing six out of eight of the ranger powers.

"Then maybe it's time you got them back,"he approached the sphere and pointed his stick at it."This ball contains the powers of six rangers, only a greater power can open it."We all tried to consider it when surprisingly Dustin gave a good idea."What about eight rangers."As we all looked at him shocked Cam gave him a confident smile."I think Dustin's right."he said.So we all raised our hands above the sphere and concentrated.Next thing we know a huge shockwave of power came out and knocked us all off our feet and the 6 rangers who just had their powers returned to them jumped up with conviction and showed off their moves in celebration.

As I got up I went to the bathroom and sprayed water over my face and took some aspirin from the cupboard.I've had a headache since I used the shield and it was really bugging me.I knew  I couldn't lay down right now without raising suspicion so after taking the painkillers with a glass of water and wiped my face off with a hand towel I returned to the main room of the ops were everyone looked at me with worry but I gave them a look that clearly stated. 'not now' and walked over to sit at one of the chairs.

Fast forward a few moments

"Dude you think thats' nuts let's talk about uncle Lothor."Dustin started after I had sat down and got comfortable."Yeah that can't be easy."I pointed out to Cam.He looked really angry about it.

"Yeah tell me about it, some family tree I have."He sighed but before anyone else could say anything Sensei addressed his son."Cam Lothor is no relation of ours."Cam just stared at his father in disbelief."How can you say that-"Sensei looked at his son and told him why."By law when a ninja is banished, they cease to exist."He sighed."The one I knew as my brother is a mere memory."