Prologue

I have never seen him so defeated. Rick can't bring his eyes to meet those belonging to the Savior's leader, Negan.

"You know, Rick," Negan starts, "if you don't want to end up like your little sidekick or Sergeant Big Dick, you'll look at me when I'm talking to you." I turn my head to see Rick look up at Negan. "Much better," Negan exclaims. He begins to pace in front of our group again, dragging his bat in his right hand.

"Because of your little outburst," he turns toward Daryl as his words trail into the darkness. "You're coming with me," he finishes. My heart sinks and I let my head drop, staring at the gravel underneath my knees. "You know what, Rick? I think I deserve an apology for the way my people and I have been disrespected," Negan continues. Nobody offers an apology, the only noise to be heard being the gravel under Negan's boots.

"Nothing?" He questions us. The black leather makes its way in front of me, stopping just within my sight. I keep my head down, there is no way in hell I'm apologizing to this douche. "I'm waiting, darling," he says in a low tone. I spit on his boots before looking up at him.

He puts his bat under my chin, the barbed wire pushing into my skin. "You," he pauses, "are coming with me, too." Negan pulls his bat from under my chin in one swift movement, scratching the spot it once supported. "The more, the merrier!" Negan shouts. I remain unfazed, I've felt pain much worse than a scratch. He turns away, signaling to his men that the show is over and it's time to leave. Two of his men approach me and grab my arms. I try to shake them off of me, only to be met with a tighter grip from each man.

Daryl and I are thrown into the back of the same truck. I look out at our group, making eye contact with Rick. Negan walks in front of me to block my view of Rick. "Make yourself comfortable, it's going to be a long ride," he says as a smirk tugged at his lips. He slams the door to the truck shut, and it's just Daryl and me now.

"We're going to be okay," Daryl says to me.

"I know D, I know."