Ch. 2 - Suite Life

It has been days since my arrival at The Sanctuary, judging by the pile of dog food sandwiches that were quickly molding in the corner opposite of me, where the guard had thrown each of them. The foul stench of the pedigree mixed with my unbathed body made my stomach turn. Soreness rose on my bottom, as I've been perched with my knees close to my chest since the last food drop. I shift my weight, turning on my right hip and facing away from the door. I push myself away from the wall, allowing for more resting space. Laying my head down on my outstretched arm, I wait for my next room service delivery. My eyes begin to flutter shut as I attempt to fight off sleep, I don't want to fall asleep in case Negan comes. I don't want to be punished for something as simple as sleep, and nothing was out of the question with the crook.

As I lay on the icy concrete, my thoughts wander to my family back in Alexandria while I trace the floor with my fingers. Has Negan gone to visit them? I couldn't stop myself from thinking of the possibilities his presence would awaken in our haven. He had already murdered two of our people. Not to mention the mental trauma for those who survived, especially Sasha, Rosita and Maggie. My heart is broken for them. I soon felt a warm drop roll down from my eye, softly splashing on the concrete. I'm sure it would stain the grey surface, but I'm unable to see my hand in front of my face, let alone a tinted spot on the ground.

I stretch my neck to wipe my face on my shoulder, drying any tears that remain. I have always hated crying. I was slightly more comfortable crying before the world went to shit, but this world? No. This world was not meant for tears. I could only be strong, otherwise, I won't survive. Light engulfs my cell as the door swings open, illuminating the grey box I have been held in. I stay still, not ready to be thrown another dog food sandwich. As I remained a statue, nothing came, the door still ajar. I decide to lift my head over my left shoulder, revealing a rather smug Negan.

"Well hello, darlin'," His smirk grows. "Get up. Your release date has fucking come," He drops his bat, pointing at the sandwiches with the barbed wire weapon. "Looks like you must be fuckin' starving, sweetheart. Let's go grab you some real food."

I sit on my hip, brush my hands together to remove the dust, and turn to face him. "I ain't got all damn day, Jade," he says impatiently. I push my palms into the concrete as I stand, dusting them again once my feet meet the ground. He motions with Lucille for me to exit the cell and I hurriedly follow his instructions. He slams the door shut behind me and locks it, and begins walking down the corridor.

"What about Daryl?" I question, hesitation evident in my broken voice. Negan turns around sharply on his heel, leaning back slightly while his lip runs across his parted lips.

"What about him?"

"Is he getting out too?"

"That's none of your goddamn business, doll." He pivots back toward the long corridor, his footsteps echoing through the empty stretch. I quietly follow behind him, rolling my eyes. I didn't have the confidence to speak back to him, not yet. I know I will get there, I was never one to keep my opinions to myself, not even before the fall. Life is too short for that, and this guy is an asshole.

"Today you get the grand tour, your new room, and your choice of where the fuck you want to work," he explains, rotating his wrist as his hand makes a small circle. "What did you do at Alexandria, darling?" I remain quiet, not sure how to answer the question. We didn't really have jobs, other than when groups would go on runs. We had one person in charge of inventory, and Rick was in charge of our group. "Speak when you're fucking spoken to," Negan said, turning his head over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of me.

"I don't know. Went on runs I guess." I quicken my pace to keep up with the man.

"And before?"

"Before Alexandria?"