30. Wannabe Povich

"How much longer do you think we have to stay in here?"

Jungkook sat on the edge of Rai's bed as she was pacing back and forth in front of the closed bedroom door. The moment that they arrived home, Ava, Jin, and Seol forced the two of them to wait in the bedroom while they 'set things up'; Ava snatching Rai's phone away from her before shutting the door behind them.

"I don't know, but you're going to put a rut in the rug if you keep pacing," said Jungkook. "Did you want to sit down?"

Rai shook her head. Pacing kept her thoughts from raging. She found that if she kept her body in motion, it calmed her nerves. Jungkook moved to stand up from the bed, walking over to grab one of her hands. She let out a small noise of surprise as he suddenly tugged her closer to him. He pulled her into a hold and started to sway with her softly back and forth. Before she could say anything about their slow dancing back and forth, he moved to lean closer to her ear, softly singing 'Euphoria' in her ear.

She felt all her worries fly out the window then. A smile spread across her face as she leaned her head against the side of his; listening to his sweet words lull her into a state of calm.

- - -

"They are acting weird. Both of them."

Jimin looked over at Taehyung as he spoke; Taehyung still pressing an ice pack against the bridge of his nose as they walked down the sidewalk. Taehyung had been going on a rant for the last little while about how odd Jin and Jungkook were acting all of a sudden, and how there had to be a secret that they were hiding. Taehyung was going on about it so much that he even tried to talk to Jimin about it while practice was going on, causing Namjoon to end practice early because of how distracted everyone was.

"Well, you remember the argument they got into the other day when we all tried to cook. Jin had some sharp words that he shot Jungkook's way," said Jimin. "Maybe they are still talking about that."

"Talking about that doesn't require concussing someone with a bathroom door twice."

"You're being over dramatic, Tae," said Jimin as he rolled his eyes.

They both came to a pause at a crosswalk. As they waited for the light to change, Jimin looked about them. He noticed a masked Jin exiting a nearby party store with a younger man in tow. Jimin squinted his eyes since they were across the street, trying to see if he recognized the younger man. It was then that Jimin realized that Jin was walking beside Seol - the trainee that had shown up with Jungkook the other day.

"Tae, I think that's Jin over there speaking of him," said Jimin, "And he's with Seol."

"What?"

Taehyung brought the ice pack away from his face since it was clouding his view to see what Jimin was talking about. He could immediately see that Jimin was right.

"Time to get some answers," said Taehyung, running across the street before the light was ready.

"Idiot..." mumbled Jimin under his breath as he ran after Taehyung; one car beeping at the both of them on their way across the street to alert Jin and Seol of their impending approach.

- - -

"Do you think we bought too much?" asked Jin as he looked over at Seol who was also carrying a bag from the party store.

"No. I mean, we bought everything auntie wanted. She said she wants extravagant Maury Povich."

"Ava is going above and beyond at this point," said Jin, "But I suppose this occasion deserves something special."