31. Jungkook you are...

"And you called me stupid," said Taehyung after Seol finished talking, looking over at Jin who had blown up three different light blue balloons in the span of a minute and a half. "Do you realize how ridiculous what he just said sounds?!"

"Why are you yelling at me?" asked Jin.

"I'm not yelling at you. I'm raising my voice to say you called me stupid first when this insane theory you're clinging to is as bad as mine, if not worse!"

Jimin sat where he was with his arms across his chest, trying to evaluate everything silently. He cast his eyes over to Seol who had started to wring his hands from Taehyung's reaction. Ava noticed at the same time Jimin did, going over to Seol with a butterscotch candy she had just dug out of her purse. A small smile crossed Seol's face as he took it, thanking his auntie for the kind gift.

"I'm not believing it until I see the results," continued Taehyung. "I refuse to."

"You're being dramatic again," warned Jimin.

"I don't care! He called me stupid for my theory earlier!"

- - -

Rai didn't know how long they rocked back and forth in each other's arms; Jungkook serenading her with various songs before falling silent to let them find comfort in just holding each other.

"This doesn't feel real to me still," Rai whispered. "It all feels like I'm dreaming."

"I know," he said. "It feels the same to me. It was only a day or two ago that Jin was saying I wouldn't be a father."

"Well, I'm sure he's eating his words now," said Rai with a chuckle.

Jungkook nodded as he kept swaying with her, keeping her close. They were going to continue to stay like that when they heard a shout from the living room. Jungkook stopped moving, slipping free to move and stand near the door. He pressed his ear against the door; hearing mumbles of something going on out in the other room but not able to tell what exactly was going on.

"I think there is someone else out there," said Jungkook.

"Someone else besides the three there should be?"

It was then that the bedroom door opened; Jungkook taking a step or two back just in time. Ava stood there, looking a bit sheepish.

"So...we may have some guests for the results reveal," said Ava as Jungkook and Rai exchanged a glance.

Without the door obstructing the sound, Jungkook could clearly make out Taehyung's voice as it rose.

"THERE IS NO WAY THAT THIS FOURTEEN YEAR OLD BOY IS JUNGKOOK'S SON!"

Rai felt her cheeks flush, feeling the nerves that she had felt before take over anew. Jungkook looked over at her, moving immediately to grab her hand in his. He gave it a tight squeeze, running his thumb over the back of it.

"We'll go out and face this together," said Jungkook, "And if I need to, I can give Tae a piece of my mind. He won't bother us, nor will he change my mind about there being an us. I don't care how ridiculous this all sounds to him. At the end of the day, this is my life and not his."

Rai knew that she was probably squeezing Jungkook's hand too tight as they followed after Ava into the other room, but he didn't say anything. If anything, he pulled her closer to his side as they entered the living room where everyone was. Jimin was slouched on the couch in such a manner from Taehyung's antics that it looked as if had melted like a pad of butter, wanting to disappear from existence. Seol was standing off to the side swishing something in his mouth as his eyes looked at the three of them as they entered. Taehyung was on his feet and leering in Jin's face some while Jin kept a balloon in his hands to keep them apart from one another.