Interspecies Romance Chapter 0: Prologue

A/N: Lil thing for y'all. Expect this series to take a big backseat for a while, I've got a big novel in the works, and also college coming up. Enjoy the first fully SFW chapter in this thing since the rules section. Nodded out, for a bit.

It's so, so cold. This rain is f-freezing, I'm getting chilled to my bones, I'm so weak. Please, please, please don't do it. Just please, Arceus, Mew, Necrozma, Jirachi, whoever's listening... please let me get there before he does it. N-ngh, I think I cut myself going out the window... it feels warm. A-am I bleeding? Is it going to get infected? No, no, doesn't matter. Not at all. Just get out into the backyard fast enough. Legs, please don't fail me now. Just get there before she... before she... Oh, Arceus, no. Is that a.. a-

            "I'm done being scared of you! Abhorrent beast!"

            No, please, please no, put it down, put it down, don't shoot, don't do it.

            "Dad! Put the gun down, put the gun down, don't do it!"

            Stop brushing me aside, don't kill her, please, don't you see my tears? Even through the rain, can't you see your son crying?

"Go back in the Arceusdamn house, Jay!"

I don't move. I can't. I won't. Not yet, at least. My legs are frozen, and all my cuts are burning. All the bites and the scratches... Am I ever going to recover? Will I ever be normal? No, no, she needs me. She needs me. C'mon, body, take me just a little further, let me stop him.

"Grr, you motherfu- Do you see what you've done!? I'm tired of it! You've preyed on us for long enough!"

"Dad, please!"

"Shut up and let me take care of business, Jay! Look at me, look. At. Me! If you're lucky, you hellish bitch, it'll be over in a single bullet."

She's so scared and cold.

"This is what you get for fucking with my fucking wife and son!"

She's so weak and hungry. She's wet and helpless. She doesn't deserve this.

"This is what you get for all the scars!"

This can't happen, I can't let it happen, she's just a baby!

"This is what you get for tearing us apart!"

Gotta stop the gun somehow, gotta stop the bullet somehow. No time to think, I gotta move!

"Dad, stop!"

            "Just stop it!"

........................................

"Jay! Jay! Can you hear me, are you with me? Wake up, wake up, it's me, it's me! For the love of Mew, snap out of it!"

"Eh, wha... Oh, did... did you h-hear a-all that, Mrs. Diana? I-I'm sorry for whatever I just said!"

"No, no, honey, it's okay, it's okay... I shouldn't've asked."

"I-It's okay. L-let's just move on. I'm sure you've got enough notes, -sniff-.

"U-um... A-alright. S-so, Mr. Ridgewater."

            "I'm not even eighteen yet, and as much as it is flattering, it makes me a little uncomfortable to be referred to so formally. Please, call me Jay."