Chapter 2: Deodorant

Calvin pulled at his hair. He was beyond distressed, out of all possible options of reincarnation theories, he just had to possess the villain, didn't he?

One would think that getting hit by a bus cost enough bad luck, to actually possess a good body if reincarnated. Nope, hope and faith was dead. If there was a god, they surely hated him.

What should I do now? He thought frantically.

Naturally, he had to act normally, as trying to die to get back to the real world would definitely not work. Even if there was a slim chance, he would not take it, lest he ended up as a vegetable instead of dying.

Knowing his luck, that would actually be the case.

However, what was normal? He had only heard of some of the cut scenes from the novel but hadn't invested any time to try and know the characters better. What a sad life he led. By saving his past self from the novel, he condemned his future one living in it.

Ahhh, he cried, already having lost all forms of hope.

Luckily all further despair was interrupted by a calm voice saying, "Young Master, if you do not hurry up and get ready, you will be late for School."

WAIT WHAT?!

He had to go to school again?! Oh, hell nah. As if he wasn't suffering enough. Children were mean and would surely bully him the second they noticed something was off. Even if he was the villain, there was only so much he could pretend before the entire world recognized him for the imposter that he was.

Why, why, why, he chanted eyes watering, even if Kieran doesn't have any friends this will end horribly wrong. I know nothing about his character and how he treats others! Should I just be mean to everyone? Or pretend to have noticed my horrible personality and treat everyone nicely?? AHHHHH, why me?!

"Young Master Kieran?" the voice asked, breaking him away from his thoughts.

"Y-Yeah, I'm just getting ready now! Give me two minutes," he shouted from the bathroom before, looking at his reflection once more.

Fuck it.

Turning on the tap, he started brushing his teeth. He would deal with all this later, for now he had to go play the part of the villain without actually playing the villain. Not confusing at all.

With the toothbrush hanging loosely from his mouth he looked around the bathroom. Where was the deodorant? No way was he going to smell like a pubescent teenager. After a few minutes he found it, however when he did, he had to clench his teeth to prevent himself from cursing.

'Happy Pineapple-Coconut'.

Fucking hell.

What had he done wrong in his previous life? Was there no option other than this?? Why did it have to be pineapple and coconut scented deodorant, two of the things he hated most?

Walking out the bathroom and towards the main two doors, he opened it slightly, addressing the young girl who stood slightly slumped against the wall.

Cautiously, he voiced, "U-Um, excuse me?"

The girl shot up immediately, eyeing him with wide eyes. Calvin just smiled at her apologetically, "sorry for addressing you so out of the blue but I wanted to ask if you could get me a deodorant that doesn't smell sweet or like fruit."

Once more a weird look passed through the eyes of the maid as she just openly stared at Calvin, no, at Kieran. Calvin grimaced internally; it was going to be weird to get used to the new name. Although, in all honesty, the name was the least of his worries.