six

"Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished

"Hey, Dustin, this is Eddie the Banished. You there?" The voice of Eddie over the walkie-talkie woke Nancy up. "Earth to Dustin."

"Hey, it's Nancy." She radioed back. "Wheeler! Hey. Um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like, really soon, unless you me going out into the world." Eddie's voice rang through the basement making everyone start to stir in their sleep. "No. No, no, no. Don't do that. Stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can." Nancy said into the walkie-talkie. "Listen, um... can you pick me up a six-pack? I know, it's stupid as shit, drinking right now,  but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

"Who's drinking this early in the morning?" Ryan asked sitting up from the hard floor. "Ryan? Have you seen Max." Nancy asked seeing the spot on the couch empty. "No, who are you talking to."

"Eddie." Nancy answered shortly. Nancy threw the walkie-talkie to Ryan as Nancy started to wake Dustin up. "Hey, freak." Ryan spoke into the walkie. "Ryan," Ryan could practically hear the grin on his face. "What's happening over on your end?" Eddie questioned the girl as he shoved a spoonful of food into his mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full. And Dustin was on Max watch and he fell asleep." Ryan ridiculed the boy as she walked up the stairs. Eddie mumbled a sorry making Ryan laugh. And there she was. Max was sitting in the kitchen. Without hesitation Ryan shut the walkie down. "Ryan?" Eddie asked before realizing she turned it off.

Ryan sat down next to Max grabbing her attention. Max takes her headphones off stopping the music. "Hi," Ryan smiled at Max before responding, "you okay?" Ryan examined her face in hopes in would give her an answer and it did. "I just couldn't sleep. People kept blasting music in my ears, for some reason." Ryan laughed at her humor in the dark times they were currently in.

Max started drawing again making Ryan look down at what she was drawing. "Is this what you saw?" Max nodded her head at the question as they both looked at.

Just then Nancy came up behind them looking at the drawing too. "Their bodies, they were on display, and there was this red fog everywhere. It was like a dream. A nightmare." Ryan shuddered at the thought of seeing those things so close and being close to death. "Do you think he's just trying to scare you?" Nancy asked Max as she pulled up a chair next to Ryan. "With Billy, yes. But something was different when I got here. It was almost like he didn't want me there." Max said looking over the drawings. "Like Freddy Kruger's boiler room." Holly's ears perked up at the name, "Freddy Kruger?"

"Dustin, don't you dare say anything." Ryan warned putting her finger to her lips as a way to say 'shh.' Dustin rolled his eyes before continuing. "Just think about it. What if you had somehow unlocked a backdoor to Vecna's world? Like maybe the answer we are looking for is somewhere in this incredibly vague drawing. God, we need will." Dustin said holding up one of the drawings, "no shit." Nancy glared at Max for swearing in front of Holly, the littlest and cutest Wheeler.