Great Wall Race

~~~

A woman with her long hair flying with the wind behind her and enjoying the breezy weather and the sigh of the beautiful sunset, and she had a smile as she sighs in the contentment of experiencing this tranquillity. Many birds flew by her and reveals how she is causally sitting down on the highest branch of the willow tree, and one chirped at her causing her to giggle.

She watches them pass by and went back to continue with her sewing embroidery on a dark cloth. White lotus flowers with dark red chrysanthemums are intertwined in a heart with Chinese calligraphy of two names in the middle.

"Yue!" A man with fluffy black hair and a tired look in his red eyes ran up to her, "What on the celestial Realm are you doing up there?"

Yue sees how his thick, black hair which is usually messy and unkempt is in a neat braid much like her own. Yue smiles down at him, "Seems like you kept the braid I made for you, you seem to like it despite your words of unpleasantness, hmm~"

Kui smirks and blushes, "So what if I did? It helped me see a lot better." Then he goes back to his usual frowning face, "Hey! Don't change the subject! I asked what are you doing up there, what are you, a monkey!"

"Oh don't exaggerate. I am only enjoying my moment of peace is all," Yue giggles, "Just wanted alone time to myself, but when you're here. I'll gladly give that up for you, darling!

"Get down from there, Suen Yue!" Zhong Kui growls but blushes at her flirty approach, "Please, I don't want to deal with you when you get injured!"

"My my, like this, for example, ~" She goes leans backward but made sure to grab the branch with her legs to not fall off yet.

"Yue!! Ahh!!" Zhong Kui panics and is about to go and get her, and then glares at her with his red eyes, "Why you!?-"

"Hehe, seems like you do worry for me, darling," Yue smiles, "You're so cute when you worry for me~"

Zhong Kui sees her hanging upside down the branch like a bat would with her long black braid flowing elegantly if that were possible. Zhong Kui scoffs and walks right below her branch with his arms crossed at the joyous woman, and Yue swore she saw a pout on his tanned, hairy face.

"Of course, I would. I care for you!" He blushes when realizes what he said and coughs and glares at the ground before him, "So will everyone else in the village would be devasted by your well-being, Yue..."

"Don't be embarrassed, Kui, I know you care when you saved me from those mean drunken men," Yue pulls out the dark cloth to compliment well with his dark-colored hanfu, "I even finished my gift of gratitude I promised you months ago! Here!" Yue drops it and the cloth flies down to where the Ghost King is at.

"I am very thankful, I'm sure it's as lovely as you," Kui catches the fabric and slightly smiles down at the embroidery she made for him, then went back to his usual frown when he looks up at her, "I am only doing my job here assigned by the Ruler of the Underworld. Now get down here immediately."

"If you insist," Yue's legs lose her hold on the thick branch and she's now falling right towards the bearded man, "Wee!"

Kui catches her and is now carrying her as if she were his bride, and blushes when he realizes that thought and imagined her in a bridal outfit. Yue holds onto Kui happily and even lays her head against his messy thick hair. Kui is frowning yet his face is red from the affection the tall woman is giving to him.