Orchid's Greed

~~~ 10th chapter less goo, sorry for leaving this off for like a year, school that's all of my excuse~~~

"Oh, Mei," Miao smiles and is casually walking with an ax in hand, "You should feel honored to have the chance to meet the mayor, even though I have never met him."

"I guess you're right," Mei smiles, "I wonder what the mayor will give us. I hope it's unlimited access to Anti-Gravity Arcade! MK must take me there with him if he gets that!"

Miao smiles, "Tell me when I come back because I will be busy, dear Miao." She sneakily puts the pieces of ceramic in the bag and many papers and pencils, "I will be busy researching flowers for the next batch of exotic flowers."

"Aww, Miao!!" Mei whined and put on puppy eyes, but Miao looks away from her, "Do you really have to go?"

"Indeed!" Miao says as she grabs her cross-body bag with pastel pink flowers embroidery, "I will even give these flowers to you since they remind me so much of your cool hair! See!"

She takes out the heavy book with a flower on the front cover, slamming it on the table. Mei sees her Boss flip through the pages and it lands on an Iris flower with green and hints of black as its color. Mei smiles at the enthusiasm her boss has in her eyes when showing off her botanist skills to her.

"I have encountered this flower during my journeys, and it has been seen once in centuries!" Miao snatches the heavy book and puts it away, "It was thought to be extinct until I heard of its existence by travelers, and I must see it with my own eyes! And it doesn't have a name yet!" Miao hugs Mei, "And I want to name this discovery after you!"

"Me?" Mei smiles and has tears in her eyes, "Really?"

"Yes, you, my dear Mei!" Miao lifts Mei in the hug and faces her in the eyes to show her seriousness and happiness, "The Mei Iris!!"

"Aw, boss!" Mei sobs, "You are too kind, you didn't have to do that!!"

Miao puts the crying Mei down and wipes her tears out, now concerned over her, "Mei, dear, I am sorry if it offended you." Miao bows, "Please forgive me for making you cry!"

"No, Miao, I am happy!" Mei hugs Miao by wrapping her arms around her neck and burying her face onto her shoulders, Miao happily hugs back and pats her head. "I am just happy you'll do this for me!"

Miao looks into the tears of her worker, and she smiles sadly as it reminded her of the people she loved and cared for in the past, she wipes her tears and ruffles her hair, "Of course, I will, dear. Only the best for the best worker of my flower shop!"

"Then will you stay for the best worker of your flower shop?" Mei smiles and stops crying immediately.

Miao only giggled and pats her head, as she swings the brown bag on, "No."

Mei pouts and sees she is ready to be out the door, "Aw boss, come on!"

"Fine, Mei, dear," Miao stops at the door and looks at her over her shoulder, "I will try to come early and see what cool key dear MK has gotten, how about it?"

"Yippee!" Mei cheers.

As Mei cheers and immediately goes on her phone to inform MK, distracted by the tall woman smiling at her eagerness. Miao sighs and turns back around with a serious expression as she quietly walks out the door. Mei finishes her call and faces the door where the woman once was.

"Yeah, here she is- huh? She left already?" Mei says, "Welp, We will be there for the Mayor giving you the key thingy!" She says as she ends the call. Mei only sighs when she looks at the door and the flowers softly blowing from the force of the door opening and closing, "Boss is still a mysterious woman."