CHAPTER 11: THE END OF A NEW BEGGINING

"Nancy you're out of your mind if you think im babysitting again-" Steve starts to argue.

"Okay first of all they're not babies anymore and Max is in real danger she needs people around her." Nancy states.

"I know but why does it always have to be me?" Steve asks. Robin and Marci go inside the room. Marci hands him the folder. "What's this?"

"You can be Amelie if you'd like just tell them some story, and I'll stay with the Teens." Marci says aggressively.

"Marci that's not what I meant-" Steve starts to explain himself.

"No you listen Steve if Nancy did that for a reason than its because he must me a lifelong student and we need to convince him we are true Academic scholars. But you can always be Amelie?" Marci asks leaving the room. She heads downstairs quickly and sits with Lucas and Dustin.

"What happened?" Dustin asks.

"Apparently Steve is Amelie now, im staying with you guys and make sure nothing happens to her." She motions towards Max. Steve later comes back downstairs after being scolded by Nancy about getting his ass back there and not Make Marci mad.

He makes Lucas Move and sits next to Marci. Lucas, Dustin and Steve looks at Mad as the older girl looks through the paper. She wanted to meet Victor Creel but Max was so much more important and a lot of people would see Marci levitating so she couldn't risk it not when they're close."

"I know you guys are staring at me." Max speaks up. The boys quickly look up and try to distract themselves.

"What sorry?"

"You said you needed something?"

"Just hanging out."

"How do you think your eyes boring in the back of my head is protecting me from Vecna i don't know." She gets up and walks towards them but the guys still looks away from her as Marci and her roll their eyes. "You can look at me now." She says.

"Thank you."

"Sorry."

"Sorry."

She begins to handout some letters. "For you." She hands to Dustin. She hands one to Steve. "For you." And then hands Lucas some. "And you. Give these to Mike, and Will if you can ever get ahold of them again." She looks at Marci. "Can i talk to you in the bathroom? Marci nods and quickly gets up. They head to the bathroom as the door closes Max instantly pulls her into a hug. "This feels so real..."she mumbles. Marci sighs and rubs her back.

"I know Max but we wont let anything happen this Vecna shit wont take you away from us got it?" Marci says pulling away slightly but they still hug. Max grabs some letters out of your back pocket.

"Since you're the one that ummm....sees the whole thing i wrote 5 for you They're written in order so please read the four in advance and read the fifth after you know. The last one is for El if you ever see her." Max speaks softly.

"Max when i met you i thought you were so cool for someone Dustin and Lucas' age, but while i had to pretend my sister was gone when she was in hiding i had grown to love you like a sister. I made sure Billy didn't put his hands on you, im not letting this Vecna do the same thing got it?" Marci speaks sternly. Max wipes her tears and nods with a sad smile. "Let's go before Lucas and Steve start to knock on the door. They open the door and see Lucas raising his fist to knock the door and he and Steve freeze. Both girls roll their eyes again and walk past them.

"Wait woah Max things are gonna work out-"

"No,no lets just not talk about this right now, because people have been telling me that my entire life and it's almost never true, its never true i mean of course this asshole curses me should've seen that one coming..." Max turns away and looks at the walkie talkie. "If we go to east hawkins will this still reach Pennhurst?" She asks.