CHAPTER 19: HERE LIES DAISY AND DANIEL EVANS

Walking down a hall Marci sneakily got to where Nina was. She couldn't sleep and seeing that Eleven needed rest she decided to let her sleep peacefully on her bed till Marci came back.

She looked at Nina. How could something like this make her memories feel like she wasn't ever really there. Touching the metal softly her fingers glide softly till a voice spoke up.

"Beautiful right?" Marci head snaps towards the direction and sees Brenner rolling her eyes she ignores him. He sighs and makes his way towards her. "Through out 13 years you spent in the lab you hated me, you were scared of me. I did many horrible things to you Marci things not one person could even go through without giving up. I know you want nothing to do with me but I knew from the moment I saw you...you were gonna do amazing things. You've read through someone's whole life in just a minute, you can easily hypnotize someone, you can move things, see things, but i know there is something hidden in you. An ability locked away just waiting to be let out. And I believe I can help you with that."

Marci steps towards him. And with a painful voice she says "why would I want that? You know that if I had the opportunity to get rid of these abilities I would in a heartbeat."

"Yes, I know...but that was when you had no one and now you do. You have family and friends. Owens had told me you even got a boyfriend. He even told me you were adopted by someone. See? You have people and you wanna help them. Give me just a few moments and we can see what you have to give." He explains putting a hand on her shoulder. "I have a memory a memory you know like the back of your hand, a memory you that just the thought of it makes you wish you had done something. A memory that still makes you feel like a little girl trapped in you."

Marci looks at the ground and rapid tears fall. "I can't Brenner...I can't beat it...I'm sorry..."

He looks at her with complete sympathy. "I know but remember Fear is the mind killer. Stop being afraid and face it before it comes back and haunts you a lot more."

She looks up at him and then looks at the Nina. "If I do this promise me one thing."

"Anything."

"Promise me...promise me you'll never ever Experiment on kids again." Marci looks at him sternly. He contemplates for a moment and she scoffs before stepping back and making her way out.

"I promise." She turns to look at him and he looks at her serious. "I promise Marci."

*****

For the first time in 7 years Marci was wearing the equipment and the suit that the kids always wore. Brenner explained that if the energy was strong enough they May expose a possible ability. He opens the door for her and she gets inside. "Good luck kid."

She nods and lays floating easily, he close the door and makes his way to the top where all the monitors and progress was. This was it he was finally gonna end decades worth of time and dedication. He knew Marci and Eleven were too strong for their own good but he needed to see how much at least one of the sisters and test their limits. He wasn't positive there was a hidden ability but he knew that if Marci stayed the same since she first got to the lab she would never get rid of her fears, he knew her fear of the electric chair and he knew that Marci wasn't gonna be the same after reliving the memories.