CHAPTER 14: FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

"Hello Marciana im Dr. Brenner, Welcome to Hawkins Lab." Dr. Brenner crouches down.

Marci looks at him and stays quiet. She looks completely scared she tries to make him get far but it doesn't work.

"Zero i can see your trying to use your powers-"

"Why don't they work."

"You head is neglecting the memory, it's a memory Zero try to remember it-"

"I don't want to i buried my past long ago I don't want to remember something that haunts me."

"I know, i know, you're past haunts you and you don't want to face it, but at some point it will haunt you ten times worse all you have to do is remember okay?"

Marci doesn't answer and begins to run away, and walks into a random room she turns around and gasps. "Hello Marciana im Dr. Brenner, Welcome to Hawkins Lab." Brenner says behind her, Marci turns around and pushes past him and starts to run again. She sees the Rainbow room and breaths before going inside it. She looks at the door and feels safe. "Hello Marciana im Dr. Brenner, Welcome to Hawkins Lab."

"Go away!" She yells. "Go! Leave me alone!" She starts to run again and this time she enters in what she remembered as a closet but she was lead back to the entrance. She looks behind her and sees Dr. Brenner.

"Zero you're heart rate is raising to much, you will drown if you don't remember. You can leave right now and go home but just keep in mind that you will lose everything."

"I can't remember, not because it hurts its because I can't remember." Marci says hopelessly.

"I know you can you just neglect it, remember, and from there we can move forward..."

Marci sighs, she doesn't want to relieve those horrible memories and the pain that had scarred her for life. She looks down and whispers. "For Hawkins."

She looks up and sees Brenner. "Hello Marciana im Dr. Brenner, Welcome to Hawkins Lab." He says crouched down and holding his hand out. Marci looks at a window to see its 3 year old Marci in a dress looking up scared. Marci looks behind her to see there are now guards. She looks back at Brenner.

"I wanna go home." She says scared.

"I know sweetheart but your parents asked for help thats what we are gonna do help you." Brenner says smiling at her.

"Did my parents not want me because im a monster?" Marci asks with tears, Brenner grabs her hands and looks at her saddened.

"No but-"

"Then why don't they love me anymore?" Marci asks as a tear slips.

"They do, they very much do. You're here because you're special and we help those who are special that way you can you back home and live happy, don't you want that?" He asks. Marci nods her head. "Then lets get to work so you can be with your mom and dad."

"You promise?" Marci asks.

"I promise." He responds, Marci finally smiles and Brenner claps. "Okay lets go get you changed into something that helps." He hold out his hand and she takes it.