CHAPTER 20: VECNAS CURSE

Definitely not my best chapter but at least it's an update- Gabi

Taking out the tape and quickly hiding it again. Brenner makes his way downstairs to get Marci out. Marci opens her eyes and the pain set in. And she cries, their faces, their screams, their pleads, it all kept replaying.

The door opens and she pushes him away as she gets out, she takes a few steps before she falls to the ground and curls in to a ball.

"We were supposed to go home. We were supposed to have a happy life. We were supposed to be a family again. I told you what I saw and you punished me so horribly. You took the only thing I had left. Why? What could I have done to make you despise me so much?" She asks so confused. Looking up at him. "You took kids from their parents. You train them but never punished them like you did with me. Peter, and Peter, you almost never laid a hand on him! I had to bottle up every punishment, every ounce of anger and hurt was bottled up. I never used my powers against you but that one time. I listened to you. And you decided to kill the most sweetest and most beautiful people I have ever known."

She gets up and steps towards him, he takes a step back and raises his hands up. "The next day you made me train for 12 hours, for 12 hours I didn't even have time to grieve!  I'm 19 now that was 4 years ago. I didn't even get to sit and cry because I would be drained and fall asleep then one of you're stupid staff would wake me up for more training. I made it seem like it didn't even happen." She yells at him.

"Zero I'm so sorry-"

"You're sorry?" She laughs. "You're sorry for what killing my parents, still punishing me after that, no I'll tell you what you're sorry about. Your sorry for not torturing them a lot longer. In fact I think you were enjoying it and behind that mask of yours you were smiling that you killed not only two innocent people but a family." She says

Brenner falls to the ground and his eyes roll back.

when he opens his eyes he's in a dark room. He looks around frightened till he sees a figure. He runs towards it till it turns around and he sees Marci but she was pale, with black Veins on her face and arms. Her eyes were completely black and she was way skinnier.

She looks at him and he levitates in the air. He starts to feel a pressure on his neck and he starts to choke. She roughly brings him to her face and she says in a dark voice. "Now you see what she saw." He gets thrown and almost like he was falling into an endless black hole. He lands on a staircase. "This is where she grew up." She pauses and looks at him. "But this is what she saw."

The setting changes and it was completely dark with particles of dust all around. The house was completely recked and baby toys were headless. Brenner quickly gets up quickly and runs out of the house. Marci stands in front of him her head tilts and he feels his arm break, he yells in pain as she walks closer to him. "You didn't mean to find this place let alone open the gate to it. But once you saw it was real you knew you felt guilty for killing her parents, not even she knows that. And it haunts you to this day. You lay awake at nights sometimes and think as you hear Daisy and Daniel scream for mercy."

"Please. Stop." He begs softly with pleading eyes. Marci puts her hand on his face and they start to levitate. His limbs go apart and he screams and one by one his limbs break easily.

"That's exactly what they said." Marci responds.

Brenner opens his eyes widely to see 2 guards surround him. As 3 surrounded Marci's unconscious body. "Are you okay Dr. Brenner?" One asks. All Brenner could do was look at Marci. "Don't worry sir we Sedated her before she could hurt you more?"

Brenner gets up slowly. "What happened?"

"Zero used her abilities and was putting you in severe pain. If we hadn't heard your yelling you wouldn't have been awake I'm afraid." A guard explains. Brenner doesn't move his eyes away from her and slowly nods his head. "Would you like us to take care of her? Keep you safer that way-"